The Quest For 200....

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: AdamTCool videos. That’s a lot of coyotes and I hope you get your goal. As a thermal illiterate person, what’s the box in the -x, -y quadrant of the viewfinder. Lower left side of reticle. Also, do all thermal optic reticles change colors when centered on a heat source.

Thanks AdamT!

So I'm running an Nvision Halo XRF scope and Nvision has a feature they call "adaptive crosshair" so example i shoot on black hot, my crosshairs stay black for less eye fatigue but once they are on a black hot target they change to white so it contrast. It can be turned off and or the sensitivity adjusted. At first I hated it constantly changing but now I've grown to like it as its helped me make some shots on coyotes when they was in grass or small brush and I couldn't see there bodies but the thermal sensor knew a hot target was there.

The little box in the lower left quadrant is the rangefinder so to range a target it must be in that little box. The number in the top right of my screen is the yardage. I keep mine in scan ode and it updates yardage every second. Its only "rated" for 1000yds but I've gotten many many readings twice that and its been flawless.

Nice. Those sound like nice features to have for sure. I thought the square may have been a rangefinder by watching the videos, but wasn’t sure. Sounds like a sweet setup.

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: AdamTCool videos. That’s a lot of coyotes and I hope you get your goal. As a thermal illiterate person, what’s the box in the -x, -y quadrant of the viewfinder. Lower left side of reticle. Also, do all thermal optic reticles change colors when centered on a heat source.

Thanks AdamT!

So I'm running an Nvision Halo XRF scope and Nvision has a feature they call "adaptive crosshair" so example i shoot on black hot, my crosshairs stay black for less eye fatigue but once they are on a black hot target they change to white so it contrast. It can be turned off and or the sensitivity adjusted. At first I hated it constantly changing but now I've grown to like it as its helped me make some shots on coyotes when they was in grass or small brush and I couldn't see there bodies but the thermal sensor knew a hot target was there.

The little box in the lower left quadrant is the rangefinder so to range a target it must be in that little box. The number in the top right of my screen is the yardage. I keep mine in scan ode and it updates yardage every second. Its only "rated" for 1000yds but I've gotten many many readings twice that and its been flawless.

I didn't know about that feature and thought you were manually changing it. I thought to myself, "that guy really knows the right buttons to push"

You've really put in the work and made it pay, incredible numbers and kudos to you!

We got buried in snow and cold more than a month ago and it finally let up this week, having to work in the stuff daily keeps me from going out in it for "fun" lol. By next weekend the moon will be down and the snow should be mostly gone so game on!

Originally Posted By: 204 ARYou've really put in the work and made it pay, incredible numbers and kudos to you!

We got buried in snow and cold more than a month ago and it finally let up this week, having to work in the stuff daily keeps me from going out in it for "fun" lol. By next weekend the moon will be down and the snow should be mostly gone so game on!

Thanks 204, hopefully you get back in action soon, that blizzard that went through just before Christmas really messed up hunting for a lot of hunters in the western plains all the way to Michigan.

Back