Ruger SFAR

AdamT

Got to handle one today in the LGS. Incredibly lightweight and small for large bore AR. It was the 16” barreled version. Price tag was $1149 vs MSRP of $1329. Didn’t try to see if there was room on it price wise as I was there for something else. It’s very similar to the standard AR in size, magazine well was about the only thing enlarged. They had a SA Saint Victor 308 next to it, and the SFAR was for sure smaller. I didn’t get to break it down and inspect the BCG as another customer was wanting to check it out and my transfer had processed and I needed to head on out. I’ll be curious to see the durability of it after several rounds and how the internal components are holding up in the smaller size for the larger calibers. If the durability is there, and a 243 option comes out, I’ll most likely have to have one.

I agree, I think they're going to be a big deal. I love my G2's; this is even smaller. I'd like to examine the bolt and extension, I'm just not sure how they shoehorned a 308 size bolt into a normal size ar upper.

Originally Posted By: Kino MI noticed POF makes a similar rifle, interesting to see for sure.

yeah but the POF is over 2 grand. it would be really nice if Ruger would just say we got this and start offering parts so we finally get some standardization with the AR 10

Originally Posted By: tractormanI agree on the .243 option. If that presents itself I'm all over it.

You can bet the farm it won't, I sure hope so though. 243 isn't cool anymore, to many internet snipers, dudes in skinny jeans buying guns!!

Mark my words, it will come in 308,6.5CM and maybe 6CM but I highly doubt we will ever see it in 243.

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: tractormanI agree on the .243 option. If that presents itself I'm all over it.

You can bet the farm it won't, I sure hope so though. 243 isn't cool anymore, to many internet snipers, dudes in skinny jeans buying guns!!

Mark my words, it will come in 308,6.5CM and maybe 6CM but I highly doubt we will ever see it in 243. agreed! And the problem for us is the 6 creed will be fast twist and come with a deep throat. Not optimal for shooting 55 grain bullets

Nothing a new barrel wouldn't fix if it was that important to you.
Of course who wants to buy a new gun and have to fork out dough to re-barrel.

Back