Sierra 6.5 100 grain hollow points for Grendal

Panyote

Just got a 6.5 grendal for my daughter. Will be for deer and coyotes, does anyone have experience with these bullets? Also does anyone have any leads on where to get any? Thank you.

I've shot a few and they're very accurate but they are probably not the best for deer. I'm pretty sure they're listed as varmint bullets.

Thank you sir, Sierra’s website varmints to medium sized game. Was hoping they would work for deer, but may not get a chance to try any.

One should also look at what velocity range they are designed for. The Grendel is lower velocity than many other 6.5s. So some bullets may hold together better.

For deer I use Partitions in my Grendel.

I ran a grendel for two seasons a few years back. I really liked 95 grain vmax pills thru it.

Very accurate. And dropped many coyotes in their tracks.

I also used some 100 grain Nosler plastic tipped. Worked well- when I ran out and couldn’t get anymore was when I switched to 95 grain vmax.

I actually use the same bullet now thru a 6.5 Creedmoor . Little faster and more explosive.

Sorry, can't help with the 100's.

I have experience with the 108gr Scenar and 123gr SST's...both are hard hitting...I'd give the accuracy edge to the 108's.

There are also some 123 bthp's out there that transfer energy pretty nicely.

mine doesnt like the 123gr sst's, but the ELDM do just dandy.

eld-m/amax bullets have taken a lot of deer, including several for me, including this season's take.

Back