Ok gents, I'd like some 6x45 bullet advice

Barkman

I have benchmark and cfe223, I'm looking for something in the 75-100 grain to plink, and shoot critters with up to deer. The nosler 90 gr btip has my interest but look to be unobtainable. I can get the 100 gr hornady soft point for around .20 each. Will they expand at 6x45 velocity? I also have my eye on the 87 gr vmax,will it be to explosive or just about right at those speeds?

I killed a buck this year with a 14" barreled 6mm TCU contender, using the 87 grain v-max. The 6mm TCU is an improved 6x45, just a slight difference. The bullet passed through and knocked him down where he stood. I think that the bullet was moving around 2600 fps.

I believe going above 85 gr. bullets in the 6x45 in an AR will have the seating depth really limiting you. Normally for coyotes I shoot 55 Nosler Ballistic tips or 58 V-max with either IMR 4198 or X-terminator (A2230). I have a loading with X-terminator and 70 gr. Ballistics tips that is just about one-hole accuracy. They run about 2,950 fps and I killed a nice 8 pt. (175 lbs.) with that round this past season, one shot kill.

I have killed over 100 coyotes with the 75gr Sierra hp performance was perfect at 2900 fps.i like the Sierra for accuracy and that it's a shorter bullet for the ar mags.

Back