The Quest For 200....

Kino M

Staff member
So I usually post my videos on the night hunting forum but I've noticed that its almost like a totally different website there!

This year has been a lot of fun and I've hunted in the midwest mostly where I'm from but also traveled to Oklahoma, Nevada, and Montana to hunt. I have two major personal goals I'm chasing, one is to kill over 200 coyotes in "my season" from October to February, I'm close, really close! If only I lived out west I would have long been there!!!

The other is to get better at making videos. Last year was my first year putting raw footage on YouTube. This year I'm actually trying to edit and make it more enjoyable watching, I thought I'd share some of my work here on this page, hope you enjoy and open to comments, good and bad!!
These are newest to oldest, all from this season.

Midwest Coyotes 28 kills...

Arctic Coyotes 19 kills

Montana Magic 27 kills

101 coyote kills part one

101 coyote kills part two

Last edited:
Keep at it…hunting and filming are tough to do at the same time. You ever need advice Skinney is a great resource but it’s lookin good so far

Death & destruction, what's not to like....
grin.gif

I really appreciate all the effort you put into sharing your videos with us here. Mighty fine shooting. Keep them coming please.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoKeep at it…hunting and filming are tough to do at the same time. You ever need advice Skinney is a great resource but it’s lookin good so far

Thanks SnowmanMo!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762that is pretty sweet you are ate up with the coyote sickness:) Thanks Jeremy, I must have "Long Haulers", I've had this sickness since about 1978 or 79!!! Fix hunted and trapped as a little boy and been infected every since!

Originally Posted By: gunsbam45Footage is good. The music drives me crazy and I have to either mute it or turn it way down, but I imagine other folks likme it.

Thank you Sir, music is very subjective and a person can never please everyone when it comes to that!
My editing software doesn't have the greatest choices or sounds to choose from or can I use mainstream music from big artists. I looking into changes, trying to get better.

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAKeep whackin and stackin! I can’t imagine getting 200 in A season but then again I only hunt during the day.

Thanks yoteslayer, I would long be at 200 if the blizzard hadn't wiped out my Montana trip! I used to dayhunt a lot as well and its so much easier in the night I've gone almost exclusively to it.

Guys that live in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Northern Nevada, Montana are living in the promise land!! So much state ground, most ranchers want you to hunt and LOTS of coyotes so 200 for those states is honestly pretty easy if a guy has the time.

I'm an eastern guy in Southern Indiana and in my area I've shot exactly 119 of the 180 and that is no easy task!!

Cool videos. That’s a lot of coyotes and I hope you get your goal. As a thermal illiterate person, what’s the box in the -x, -y quadrant of the viewfinder. Lower left side of reticle. Also, do all thermal optic reticles change colors when centered on a heat source.

Originally Posted By: borkonGood stuff.

What bullet are you shooting to get so many runners/spinners?

Actually Borkon I rarely get runners or spinners and if I do they don't usually go very far! I run either a 58vmax in a 243 or a 70NBTs in a 6x6.8. Both of those combos kill way better than any 23 or 22-250 combo I've ran or seen!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and comments, its a lot of work to put together a video, especially for me because I am just learning!!

Originally Posted By: AdamTCool videos. That’s a lot of coyotes and I hope you get your goal. As a thermal illiterate person, what’s the box in the -x, -y quadrant of the viewfinder. Lower left side of reticle. Also, do all thermal optic reticles change colors when centered on a heat source.

Thanks AdamT!

So I'm running an Nvision Halo XRF scope and Nvision has a feature they call "adaptive crosshair" so example i shoot on black hot, my crosshairs stay black for less eye fatigue but once they are on a black hot target they change to white so it contrast. It can be turned off and or the sensitivity adjusted. At first I hated it constantly changing but now I've grown to like it as its helped me make some shots on coyotes when they was in grass or small brush and I couldn't see there bodies but the thermal sensor knew a hot target was there.

The little box in the lower left quadrant is the rangefinder so to range a target it must be in that little box. The number in the top right of my screen is the yardage. I keep mine in scan ode and it updates yardage every second. Its only "rated" for 1000yds but I've gotten many many readings twice that and its been flawless.

I sure do enjoy your videos. Your equipment is top notch and the shooting is awesome. Good luck on the 200, hope to see the "clip".

Originally Posted By: weekenderI sure do enjoy your videos. Your equipment is top notch and the shooting is awesome. Good luck on the 200, hope to see the "clip".

Thanks Weekender, I really really appreciate it. Its a lot of work, especially for me learning to make them and the nice comments and feedback from guys like you makes it worthwhile in actually doing.

Its really opened my eyes to try and thank other guys going through the work and trouble to post pictures, videos and stories. With this forum struggling to compete against social media its more important now than ever to have member interaction and get other members motivated to contribute with interaction and share their experiences.

Back