Night Vision Footage at Baitsite

6mm06

I wanted to hunt tonight, despite a chance of rain / snow mix. However, fog set in pretty heavy, so I am home. That gave me some time to work on a video of some footage I took a few nights ago. A bobcat and red fox were at the bait site. The cat was on the carcass and the fox wouldn't tangle with him, so he sat up in the field and watched, mouth dripping no doubt.

I did some video with the security camera that is mounted at the cabin. It gives a wide angle view and is how I take a look once the sensors go off. I have a monitor mounted at my bunk so I can quickly determine what is out there.

Then I took some footage via the Pulsar Apex XQ38 thermal, 2.2x base magnification. This video is just to give you an idea of my bait site and how I go about it.

Here is the shack about to be placed on the 12x12 platform. I have posted this before but thought it might keep things going and interesting.

51811159908_aa882fe37e_b.jpg

49088269577_f4408eb060_b.jpg

The next photo was taken from the shack to the bait site a few years ago before timber grew up along the bank, blocking view of the tractor road below.

46551099504_e5347831e0_b.jpg

This photo shows the site after the timber growth.

50379716707_a06e35daf1_b.jpg

50378841388_4e33def209_b.jpg

Thanks guys.

Well, talk about Murphy and his law, wouldn't you know it, those darn coyotes came back tonight just after dark. Earlier today I began packing my gear with plans to stay at the shack tonight. Then the fog rolled in and ended that idea. So, I began working on the above post about the thermal, and checked my phone for any potential cell camera photos, and there they were. Hard to say when they might be back, but I plan / hope to stay for the next couple of nights anyway, depending on weather.

The fog was pretty thick, then would lift a little and then set back in. Darn it !!!

52663957761_10ab370a8d_z.jpg

52663957736_3213fd2ba1_z.jpg

52663452347_e0e7f8bcd0_z.jpg

Absolutely beautiful and a great blind you have built too. Enjoy every minute of your hunts in God’s country.

Thank you for providing more information on your setup and additional footage. You will get those coyotes soon.

That's a really cool setup and beautiful country! A neat place to hang out waiting for critters.

Do you ever use a caller while you are there watching the bait pile?

Get out there tonight. tehe. Looks like you could be hunting out my back door. Though they are getting higher and steeper, I wouldn't trade my hills for any other topgraphy.

Originally Posted By: bcturkeynutDo you ever use a caller while you are there watching the bait pile?
I have tried a few times to no avail. Basically i just like to go quiet. Those coyotes have been on the bait twice in the last four days, so hopefully they will be back. I plan to stay at the shack tonight. I just hope the fog is lifted by then. It’s been foggy all day.

Back