steve criner & al morris still around?

The last I saw of Criner he looked and acted like he was working for some alphabet agency in the Pentagon running black ops against terroristic coyotes.

I know Al Morris is still waken an stacken for Foxpro, I haven't seen or heard any thing about Steve Criner haven't heard anything about Flexton e-callers either.

Originally Posted By: GCThe last I saw of Criner he looked and acted like he was working for some alphabet agency in the Pentagon running black ops against terroristic coyotes.

lmao

Originally Posted By: StrobleI know Al Morris is still waken an stacken for Foxpro, I haven't seen or heard any thing about Steve Criner haven't heard anything about Flexton e-callers either.

is fp still doing shows on tv?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: StrobleI know Al Morris is still waken an stacken for Foxpro, I haven't seen or heard any thing about Steve Criner haven't heard anything about Flexton e-callers either.

is fp still doing shows on tv?

i know Richard Gonzales still does a lot of filming with al. ever hear of anyone using a flextone ecaller, they any good?

I really like Al Morris. He's a great ambassador for the sport and makes some phenomenal shots. Steve Criner (or at least the show - Dog Soldier) is just too over the top for me.

FoxPro still puts out new videos on YT. John Collins in on FoxProTV now too. I like him as well.

I had a Flextone 1000 and it was a good, loud call we got dogs with. Then I somehow dropped and lost the remote. Searched everywhere. Figured I might be out 100 bucks for a new remote so I called the company. Turns out each remote is sync'd to THAT ONE CALL AND NO OTHER. I was told I needed to buy a new call and remote. Uhhhh, fergit it. Bought a Lucky Duck Revolt and just love it. Had a battery contact break on the L D's remote and they sent me a new remote. I got it in a coupla days.

I never did like Al Morris shooting a dog and then jumping around fist bumping etc. when there could be more dogs still coming in. That ruined it for me. Criner was pretty intense but not a knothead.

Hey Hellgate, pretty sure Flextone has corrected that problem with the remote as the new one I bought had to be sync'd by the buyer to the call.
Yeh, I think almost all the "made for YouTube" hunters have some flaws in their routine. One thing I will not do is, when preparing to move from one set to another, leave my firearm behind to go get my e-call. Nor will I immediately jump up from a set after calling with no results. I shut down the call and wait at least 10 minutes in case there may a late arrival. Some of this stuff we learn the hard way!

Yep A few of my friends noticed the Dog Soldier look, like an operator for Blackwater or some such groups. I still get too chuckle when one of us makes a good shot on a coyote and someone says "Fried Chicken"

I think dogsoldier is building custom rifles in a way, don’t know if he does them or has them done. I see it on Facebook fairly often. He has a kind of scopes too.

Is it just me or does Steve kind of look like the actor that played Goober on Andy griffith show Mayberry, and on HeeHaw. This really isn't a jab, I think Steve is an enterprising man. Heck now he's selling hand calls and building rifles. Besides he plays guitar and rides a Harley like me. LOL

Did a podcast with Criner not long ago, talked alot about what he's doing now a days and how he got there.
I've been trying to get some of the guys that were well known when i got started on a guests.
Here is this week's episode with Fred Eichler OverdriveOutdoors Podcast
The podcast is on most major podcast platforms, easy to find the episodes.
Anyway tried to get Al on, but haven't been able to yet

Last edited:
Back