788 Rem

I had a 30-30 and it probably shot the worst of all the ones I had. Its been a while since I owned it and in reality, it probably didn't shoot that bad, just not as good as I was hoping it would. It was an easy sell seeing you don't see them that often.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI had a 30-30 and it probably shot the worst of all the ones I had. Its been a while since I owned it and in reality, it probably didn't shoot that bad, just not as good as I was hoping it would. It was an easy sell seeing you don't see them that often.
I currently own 1 of each caliber. I have exactly the same issue with my 30-30. At best its a 2" rifle at a 100 yds. I was able to harvest a nice deer with the 44 mag. this year, the first for me with that one.
The 243 and 30-30 are my reloading projects for next season. I have had the 7mm08 since 1984 and has taken a bunch of deer, but lately the 6mm is my go to.

Back in the day shortly after the 7mm-08 came out, I purchased one. It was extremely accurate, though somewhat on the heavy side despite a short barrel - 20” I think it was. Like I did with so many rifles back then, I kept it a while then traded it off.

Back