Coyote Crunch Time

DoubleUp

#2627 by Double Up, on Flickr

Killed this nice pair last night. My hunting partner didn't make the trip, so I had to do it alone. They came right down the field road to me, but I let the lead coyote, female, get too close. I hit her low, but parts flew off her in all directions. Then I missed the easy shot on the male at about 125 yds. by rushing the shot.

He ran some more but stopped again at 200 yds. This time I was ready for him and made a heart shot. When I looked back for the female she was gone. It took me a few seconds to relocate her at 290 yds. I made a finishing shot on her zoomed to 2x or 6 power.

Video:

Congrats on the double! I really enjoyed that slow motion replay, really cool! You got lucky that coyote stopped after the miss, good follow up.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyGood vid. With your history of running kills l was surprised he wasn’t killed before he stopped

I agree!

Did the helicopter seem to bother the coyotes? I ask because last night the army must have been doing maneuvers in my area with a lot of low flying. I didn't see any coyotes.

Funny what will make them howl sometimes. I'm up against a military base with lot's of helicopter traffic. Never heard them howl at that.

Liked the video! I've had a real bad cold so haven't been out in a couple weeks. Really missing it when I watched it.

Thanks Softpoint! I've never heard them howl at helicopters either, but sometimes jets will have just the right pitch that sets them off. I think this was a Harrier on his landing flight path that set them off.

Back