Hodgons StaBall Match and StaBall HD.

HODGONS new StaBall powders dropped. Looking at the load data the Match is really close to TAC maybe even a tad faster should be another good .223 powder.
The HD is for calibers such as 6.5 PRC and 7 mag.
Edit to add an interesting read.
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/ball-powder-st-marks-powder/462658

Edit to add they say the burn rate is close to Varget but it's also next to BLC2 on the chart. The TAC reference is the load data that Hodgons has for .223. It follows close to TAC. They have max of 24gr of Match with a 77gr bullet. It's supposed to be slower.

Last edited:
There is a new burn rate chart out.

It is an extension though, and the link does not copy and paste like i want it to.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootEither there is a lot of (Match) available or it isn't selling, because vendors are already dropping the price.

i mean it makes sense that - especailly in this day and age - you'd product launch with a BUNCH of product available in your domestic warehouse. no firearms company wants to launch a product, throw half a container of it out there and then not have refills available for repeat customers to buy for the NeXT 6+ months.

also, i suspect in short order it'll drop to the current market pricing of other similar products rather quickly - that being just north of $300/8lb jug. the first few people who had it were able to get a premium, but that shine wears of the penny quick once the other dealers get their orders and realize they can jump the market with a bit lower price.

I bought some primers a couple days ago at Sportsman's Warehouse for $5.54 per 100.

I wonder if all prices are going down due to lack of demand prior to the crash.

I've done some testing with the Staball 6.5 powder and it performed well. I might try the others in the future but for the moment have all my rifles covered. There should continue to be slightly better prices and availability of supplies and ammunition. Unless we have something unexpected like COVID again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: arlaunchI bought some primers a couple days ago at Sportsman's Warehouse for $5.54 per 100.

I wonder if all prices are going down due to lack of demand prior to the crash.

thats pretty wild, i didnt think we'd never be heading anywhere near to $50 bricks again. i was figuring market would settle in closer to $65 or so on the low end.

what brand/primer out of curiousity

Originally Posted By: todbartellI think I'll have to try an 8lb jug of both when they show up. I'm always a sucker for new powders

its out there
Winchester brand, 6.5, HD and match

Last edited:
Back