Sound files question 24B vs mp3

Erie660

Is there any noticeable difference in 24B sound files and mp3 files? I have a X24 foxpro and their sounds are 16B and 24B compared to Tony Tebbe mp3 sound files. Thanks

Son has X24 with some 24 bit sounds and it calls coyotes,my Revolt has some Tebbe MP3 sounds and it calls coyotes ,so I do not know for sure except they both work for us

I dont think the human ear is going to notice the difference. I don’t think one will call coyotes better than the other. Any trash noise in the recording will affect it more than anything.

reb is spot on, the funniest part is my understanding is the X24 won’t even play at a 24bit level, only the X2S and one other!!! 24bit is nother more than marketing BS that gives people like salesman something to talk about.

Ask yourself this question most all Foxpro callers, Icotec and LuckyDuck don't play in the 24bit ranges and have been the death of untold critters so is 24bit actually needed????

For the most part depending on how good the quality(sample rate and bits) the original sound was recorded, will affect the final sound file. Yes a high bit sound will be better quality as long as it was recorded in that same sample rate and bit rate. Not to mention depending on what frequency range the microphone can pick up, also the speaker that is outputting the sound on the caller.

Lets say a typical microphone can record a range from 30Hz-16kHz, and the output amp and speaker can only go to 20khz, well a coyote can hear up to 45khz and bobcat up to 65khz. Now a bunch of that might not matter if the animal that was being recorded can't vocally go that high pitch (ie. bird/rabbit/hare/mouse/coyote).

Assuming the Sound was recorded in a high sample rate at 24 bit, I would want the recording to be on my caller in a 24bit. I think it helps but by no means would it a need or die on a caller.

As Technology gets better its easier to make what we consider higher quality sounds. Heck I have made good quality recordings of a $8 lapel mic that I purchased of amazon. Which sounds better then most of the 10-15yr old sounds that some of the major companies had/have.

Last edited:
there were probably 1000's upon thousand's of predators called with crappy sounding 8 track tapes, vinyl records and worn out cassette tapes. i'm sure they would call in animals still today. i really think we make to big of deal out of the quality of sounds.

i'd bet anybody a 100 bill i could go out in the morning and call some coyotes with a johnny stewart 512 cassette caller playing a super jack tape.

Back