never seen anything like this

SlickerThanSnot

so trying to find a bolt action 204 rifle to buy. prefer tikka. none to be found online.

for kicks i tried to find a savage axis II. none to be found. (not even sure savage makes one)

plan b was a .223 bolt action. again, tikka preferred. none to be found.

again, tried to find a savage. blanks everywhere.

never had so much trouble spending money. good grief.

I saw a CZ 527 204 for sale the other day. If you're interested I could pm you the guys information.

You can thank the anti 2A folks for this.. They cause lots of gun sales !
The demand was bigger than the supply.
Small bore rifles have been scarce for a few years now.

There's a Sako 75 204 varmint for sale on Accurate Shooter. Very low round count and nice! (About three pages back if interested.)

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeSlick....
You are wanting a sporter style rifle correct ?

what i had, which someone else now has illegally, was a tikka lite compact in 204. loved that little rifle.

strictly a calling rifle with prairie dogs and marmots every now and then. so yeah, a sporter type rig. no heavy barrels.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThere's a Sako 75 204 varmint for sale on Accurate Shooter. Very low round count and nice! (About three pages back if interested.)

i'll take a peek. thanks

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
tikka lite compact in 204.

That's the exact same one I have. They're a nice little gun. You don't see them very often and you rarely see them in 204.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: KenlguyBuild it yourself on an AR platform

If you can find a barrel

weird i know, but i have never liked an ar for a calling rifle.

I was that way too. I won an AR in the 2010 Egg Shoot and was bound and determined to hunt coyotes with it. Took a couple seasons to really warm up to it, but now I'm definitely a fan. I sure hope the dems in charge of our state legislature don't succeed in banning them this year. I love hunting predators with an AR and don't want to switch back.

Participated in HP rifle competition until 99 when that ended due to arthritis amd my passion turned to my 2nd love at the time, predator hunting. The AR had become quite popular in HP circles, but never appealed to me until I began to notice the scores they were turning in.

Realized how well the platform fit my style of predator hunting and purchased a Bushmaster Predator from PM classifieds. It was/is a tack driver!!
34931632143_b21b6d2e57_o.jpg

Different strokes for different folks, but they work for me.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: DesertRam I sure hope the dems in charge of our state legislature don't succeed in banning them this year. I love hunting predators with an AR and don't want to switch back.

i did not know nm was that far down in the black hole. that really sucks. hope you guys can succeed in keeping them.

our queer governor is pushing very hard for that here also. way to many liberals have invaded this state.
i'm afraid it's just a matter of time.

savage makes a 110 Varmint in 204. Around 650 bills, mine shoots very well, so good I came across a 12 btvss 204, it came home as well, and I just got a white oak upper in 204, love the little rascals, but then nothing wrong with my 223, 22-250s or 22 CM either, but that 204 is a hoot to shoot with suppressor..makes good green chili outta a Pdog...

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

weird i know, but i have never liked an ar for a calling rifle.

I never thought I would. But an AR is actually the only gun I used for a few years, up until this year when I brought out the bolt guns again just because.

I find with a low power scope, it almost replaces a shotgun, "almost", while allowing some of a bolt guns range. And just letting them run over the caller and hosing them down with the AR, rimfire/jackrabbit style, is just plain fun.

Get one hung up at 350 though, slam dunk with my bolt guns, I don't even bother trying with the AR.

For stands where you might want both a shotgun and a rifle, I find it a pretty good one gun solution.

- DAA

I didn’t want anything to do with AR’s because I thought it was a waste of pressure = velocity going down the gas tube. Easy follow up shots without leaving the target racking the bolt and the grip design is why I like them now. My 24” 204 is a nice little gun.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DesertRam I sure hope the dems in charge of our state legislature don't succeed in banning them this year. I love hunting predators with an AR and don't want to switch back.

i did not know nm was that far down in the black hole. that really sucks. hope you guys can succeed in keeping them.

our queer governor is pushing very hard for that here also. way to many liberals have invaded this state.
i'm afraid it's just a matter of time.

theyre making noise here in michigan too. thankfully the house/senate is so close even though they flipped, so i dont think theres the political capital for a full scary-looking-bangstick ban.

she did say red flag laws were on her todo list, universal backgrounds, and some kind of safe storage laws (which im sure will turn out to be absolutely redonkulus once we see any proposals).

shes term limited and with a D run house/senate for the first time in 40 years. so its gonna be a long 4 years here potentially. i think michigan is about to find out how much political capital the democrat party wants to spend on pusing the adgenda here before Gretch gets moved up to washington.

The supreme court screwed the pooch and flipped on the lib vote last election. These radical libs will laugh at the supreme court when they back up old rulings about guns. About like marijuana federal laws. Just a suggestion.

thats the part that makes me a little more copasetic though... with as strong as a 2A stand the SCOTUS has taken... yes its a fight coming... but one we stand to come out strong on in the courts.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DesertRam I sure hope the dems in charge of our state legislature don't succeed in banning them this year. I love hunting predators with an AR and don't want to switch back.

Yeah, there are about 10 anti-gun bills in the House already - from banning semi-autos and standard capacity mags to making the possession of suppressors and other NFA items a felony. Most of these have been posed in the past and shut down, but the old blue dog democrats from ranching country lose a little influence every year. At some point I worry that the big city commies will just overwhelm the good ol' boys.

Back