Hunter of the month?

YoteslayerWA

What ever happened to the hunter of the month nominations? That was something that was always fun and I believe it was something that kept this forum more interactive. I have been a member here for several years and it is sad to see the site as slow as it is now.

I agree but social media currently rules the crowds and I don't ever see this site coming back to what it was, hopeful but doubtful

Maybe it’ll come back in some fashion with the coming updates in the works to the site under the new BOD. Always enjoyed the stories, made for a like a mini months end highlight section.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamYeah, that was fun. We're addressing it now and hope to make something work for you guys.

As Troy said...we hear you and we're working on it.

Keep those ideas and requests coming...thanks for the input...

Over the years I have been a member of 3 sites; this one, taxidermy.net, and archery talk. They all seem to have much less "trafffic" than as early as 2-3 years ago. I think Kino nailed it with the social media comment--which I don't do.

I personally think with current biases on social media, hunting/shooting videos will be restricted more and more. That will leave sights like PM the bastion of info for fellow hunters.

Once the new PM emerges I'll be on the forefront promoting the New PM on all the sights I visit.

Originally Posted By: jmeddy I think Kino nailed it with the social media comment--which I don't do.

Keep not doing it
laugh.gif
. And keep visiting here. We all just might breathe some new life into old PM.

- DAA

I am back after a 4 year hiatus. Not quite sure why I stopped frequenting this forum, but plan to be a contributing member going into the future. I do have a lot to learn!

Originally Posted By: UTAHVTXI am back after a 4 year hiatus. Not quite sure why I stopped frequenting this forum, but plan to be a contributing member going into the future. I do have a lot to learn!

Welcome back, we’re glad to have you.

The BOD is working hard to get things going in a good direction. I’m not overly impressed with the way people act on social media so I’m glad to be part of a community like PM. We’re going to work to keep it a welcoming place for hunters to come together to share in the vision of our founder and not let it become troll central or overly controlling.

If you have ideas like Hunter of the month (HOM) please share them with us.

I agree with bringing back HOM. I never had the writing or hunting skills to win it lol, but was nominated several times, and I'd have to admit that the thought of it influenced how "hard I tried" to post a good write up and tell the story of the hunt.

FWIW, if it does come back I wouldn't be worried about any type of prize associated with it, not necessary IMO.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR FWIW, if it does come back I wouldn't be worried about any type of prize associated with it, not necessary IMO.

I agree.

I like the idea. Gives people a little more recognition for the hard work they put in.

I haven’t been around too long, so I never knew the “old predator masters”.

I wish I could contribute more- maybe time to make a utube account and re-learn how to post pictures .

I liked the hunter of the month stories. Won it once or twice way back when. It made people put more time and effort into the stories of their hunts, raised the bar even for those not intent on competing.

I also think that a prize is not necessarily required, I know that part adds quite a bit to the management of the program. But if there were some prizes needed to kind of jump start the system back (or if it would be a regular thing, either way) I would donate a few of my closed reed calls I make as prizes. So whoever is in charge of that part of it, if you need something just shoot me a PM and I will spin something up. Or if you guys need some prizes for something else, some other idea y'all have, just let me know.

Back