How has the Foxpro Fusion performed for you?

BJJ223

I keep reading that people have had uncanny dry spells with this caller. I have had a similar experience. I call more coyotes in with my handcalls than the Fusion.

I have owned about 5 Foxpros. I think I have had the least success with the Fusion. I am wondering if it puts out some sort of audio noise that humans can't hear but coyotes can?

What has been your experience with this call?

I know of 500 coyotes that would disagree with you if only they could come back and talk.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BJJ223I keep reading that people have had uncanny dry spells with this caller. I have had a similar experience. I call more coyotes in with my handcalls than the Fusion.

I have owned about 5 Foxpros. I think I have had the least success with the Fusion. I am wondering if it puts out some sort of audio noise that humans can't hear but coyotes can?

What has been your experience with this call?

I think most predator hunters are going to have dry spells at some time or another regardless of what caller they use...

When my Crossfire got shot, I replaced it with a Fusion...then dry spell...I found out that another pair of predator hunters had moved into the area and had begun hammering the area...

I will say there is a distinctly different call quality to the various callers...my XS24 has fantastic call quality even better than my Fusion. But that's just to my ears...

Right now the coyote pupulation in California is lower than it has been in at least 5 or 6 years.

We have taken 16 coyotes with my FOXPRO XWAVE and 15 of those 16 coyotes were adults. We have only taken 1 of last spring's pups.

Thanks doubleup and yoteslayer. That’s good to know.

I am thinking anyways about getting the x24. The Xwave is pretty pricey. What would be a good price on eBay for a Fusion and Foxjack decoy?

The price of electronic calls have really drifted higher over the years.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI know of 500 coyotes that would disagree with you if only they could come back and talk.
smile.gif

i agree. hate to throw out a number, but it's a bunch and then some.

I'm not having the luck I normally do either, but with the same call. Numbers must be down here in Western KY. also. I've called in 2 pairs since December 1st. Killed 1 missed 1 and didn't shoot at one pair. However I have called in 6 different bobcats since then all at night could have killed all 6, but not legal at night. The last one was the biggest cat I've ever seen. It stalked my Shockwave to within 20 feet. Not shooting was one of the hardest things I've done. Six minutes of Yoter dot in the kill zone ending up 60 yards from me. A friend of mine baits with road kill. One set up is 70 yards from his living room window with a driveway sensor on the cabled off carcass. The other is 2 more carcasses 60 yards apart about 70 yards from an elevated hunting hut in the back of his farm. He hunts the hut after supper until 9 or 10:00. Gets up all hours of the night to shoot at the carcass with the sensor. Five out of the last seven killed have been eat up with mange. His numbers are way down this year too. Nature can be so humbling!

I don't use the Fusion very often. Mostly rely on my old CS24. But this little guy was sure liking what the Fusion was saying.

20150731_Coyotes-35BW.jpg

- DAA

Same caller as last 2 years,not calling as many either,but going to a good ranch that we have not called since Sept.We have to stay out during deer season

I know very little about e-callers, but I will simply say this. When I started looking a LOT of guys on here said the Fusion was the way to go for a light portable e-call for the way I like to travel. I found a used one like new and success was immediate, and that's for a guy who had no real e-call experience other than calling in some birds with a Johnny Stewart just out of high school. I am quite certain there's nothing wrong with the sound on the one I bought.

Originally Posted By: gunsbam45When I started looking a LOT of guys on here said the Fusion was the way to go for a light portable e-call for the way I like to travel.

I dug out my fusion and started using it again for this very reason. its compact size better suits my style of walking/hunting. the only drawback is that the remote does not communicate with the call as good as the ICOtecs I had been using and i dont think it is as loud. but i have killed a coyote or 2 with it...

Originally Posted By: BJJ223That is interesting. I have never had a problem with communication between the Fusion and the TX1000.

me either.

i had honestly given up on fp callers back in their early days when they looked like a flashlight. the operation between remote and caller totally sucked. frustration at the highest degree.

when they cameout with some new models, including the fusion, and started advertising they were using fhss technology (or something like that) to improve range and reliability, i decided to give fp one more chance.

the fusions are one of the best callers i have ever used.

Originally Posted By: BJJ223That is interesting. I have never had a problem with communication between the Fusion and the TX1000.

It’s not an issue that would cause me to loose confidence in it, I just said it does not communicate with it as well as an Icotec without direct line of sight. You could practically bury an ICOtec and it still communicate. I almost always set it up with direct line of sight but I have had it fall to the ground after hanging it in thickets or branches, ground level in tall weeds I have at times had to elevate the remote for it to receive the signal without that clear line of sight.

I used to use a firestorm and it has an external antenna and that one communicated better than the fusion and it did not have the TX1000 remote. I quite using the firestorm because the letters on the remote were to small to see as my eyesight got bad. I’m not knocking the fusion at all, it’s what I went back to using this winter and it’s calling them in well…

Seems like all the new calls coming out now keep getting bigger and bulkier…

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: BJJ223That is interesting. I have never had a problem with communication between the Fusion and the TX1000.

It’s not an issue that would cause me to loose confidence in it, I just said it does not communicate with it as well as an Icotec without direct line of sight. You could practically bury an ICOtec and it still communicate. I almost always set it up with direct line of sight but I have had it fall to the ground after hanging it in thickets or branches, ground level in tall weeds I have at times had to elevate the remote for it to receive the signal without that clear line of sight.

I used to use a firestorm and it has an external antenna and that one communicated better than the fusion and it did not have the TX1000 remote. I quite using the firestorm because the letters on the remote were to small to see as my eyesight got bad. I’m not knocking the fusion at all, it’s what I went back to using this winter and it’s calling them in well…

Seems like all the new calls coming out now keep getting bigger and bulkier…

I like the features of the TX1000, but it sucks batteries fast and definitely doesn’t go as far in my experience

i got an battery pack from Yazzie, with ambush 360 and he threw in rechargable AAs for the remote. store bought rechargable double AAs would wear down fast and even with a fresh charge the flashing green light low battery indicated would start blinking on high pitch sounds after just a few stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I haven't hunted big enough country, because in nine or ten years of using my Shockwave, I have yet to outrange the remote. I set it in the open, stuff it in bushes, hang it in trees, whatever, and no issues. Maybe I need to stretch it out and see where it quits working.

Back