22-250

I would measure a fired case to verify proper headspace and chronograph it.
Pressure equals speed. If it's really fast the psi is really high lol. If they aren't overly fast psi won't be overly high.

Might even be worth turning the gas off, shooting one and measuring a fired case to eliminate case stretch from the bolt opening while chamber pressure is still high.

Last edited:
Thanks alf -
I’ve tried posting piks many mays in past. I never get it right.
Thanks again

Update: I have now tried 4 different brands of ammo. only these Remington 50 gr jhp seem to blow holes in primer .

I do not have a chronograph . Maybe in my near future though

Update on my issues-

Ammo sent In , they were able to replicate the issue I had.
Refunded / gave me different caliber replacement ammo, as 22-250 not on schedule to be ran anytime soon.

I will just stick to running Nosler .

Gun is functioning smooth after nearly 200 rounds now.

Originally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: 204 AR

For your next trick, figure out how to shoe horn it into an ar15 like Oly did. I still kind of kick myself for not snagging one of those.

Start filling that piggy bank.
closedeyes.gif

Greg

I know, right?! I recently saw one on GB go for 2700 or so iirc.

And it sold for that much?

OK I have a few more rounds thru my 22-250. Still piercing a primer ever so often seems to be running a little better. Took it down and cleaned it fairly good and everything seemed sticky like that shipping lube sticky. So cleaned and oiled everything. Only have about 15 rounds thru it so far. Noticed my brass is ejecting about 5 oclock. Going to shoot some more and see if it breaks in a little more. Have not shot for groups yet.

The father in law bought a 22" BCA 22 250 upper. Accuracy is very good but it's a side charger and he's trying to use a brass catcher. Causes a few problems. Haven't had a pierced primer yet. Definitely worth the money.

Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63The father in law bought a 22" BCA 22 250 upper. Accuracy is very good but it's a side charger and he's trying to use a brass catcher. Causes a few problems. Haven't had a pierced primer yet. Definitely worth the money.

comments say that will work on side chargers

Amazon

After reading some of the issues with blown primers and feeding problems, I called and spoke to a customer service rep at Bear Creek and he assured me that those issues with the 22-250 had been resolved and he recommended the correct P-Mag to purchase. I went ahead and purchased the rifle and mag. Took it out this morning just to see if there were gonna be any issues. First issue is the bolt release would not release the bolt...no matter how hard you pushed on it. Decided to just pull bolt back and let it fly home. Second issue was the bolt drove the round into the locking lugs driving the bullet into the casing. Decided to chamber a round by hand and fire the gun to see if it would cycle. No dice, cycled fired casing out and nailed the next bullet against the locking lugs just as before, pushing bullet into casing. Guess I'll have to send it back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daybuck After reading some of the issues with blown primers and feeding problems, I called and spoke to a customer service rep at Bear Creek and he assured me that those issues with the 22-250 had been resolved and he recommended the correct P-Mag to purchase. I went ahead and purchased the rifle and mag. Took it out this morning just to see if there were gonna be any issues. First issue is the bolt release would not release the bolt...no matter how hard you pushed on it. Decided to just pull bolt back and let it fly home. Second issue was the bolt drove the round into the locking lugs driving the bullet into the casing. Decided to chamber a round by hand and fire the gun to see if it would cycle. No dice, cycled fired casing out and nailed the next bullet against the locking lugs just as before, pushing bullet into casing. Guess I'll have to send it back.

are you trying reloads or factory ammo?

Mine seems to be working better. But all these issues keep popping up. I found another instance on YouTube guy was having similar problems. He sent his back as well. I will say I went into this thinking it is a cheap gun I might have issues. But every so often you have to take a few chances. As a side not no one has ever complained about accuracy.

The father in laws would randomly have cycling or locking back issues with different bullets and powders. Today I drilled out the gas port and now its running without a glitch. We both were shooting 1 inch groups at 200 yds today.

My issue is two fold. One, the bolt catch release wont work (magazine or no magazine). Two, the bolt drives the bullet into the locking lugs at a fairly straight angle which drives the bullet into the cartridge. I doubt mine is a gassing problem as it does pick up the next round after cycling the spent cartridge out but it is pushed into the locking lugs. None of this happens without placing a fresh round into the chamber by hand however. I am really disappointed in this product. I was looking forward to having a long range tack driver for coyotes. Wish there was a fix for it but unless someone can come out with a special magazine to ramp the round up at the correct angle, I'm afraid these issues are gonna persist. That still doesn't address the bolt catch release issue either.

Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63The father in laws would randomly have cycling or locking back issues with different bullets and powders. Today I drilled out the gas port and now its running without a glitch. We both were shooting 1 inch groups at 200 yds today.

Are they BC10 in 22-250? If so, what mag are you running?

Originally Posted By: daybuck
Are they BC10 in 22-250? If so, what mag are you running? He has ASC and Magpul gen3. It didn't seem to matter what magazine he used. First I tried a silent capture spring. Then cut coils off his original buffer spring that helped but only ran 100% with hotter loads. I drilled the barrel gas port without trying an adjustable gas block and it seems to have worked. Cycled milder loads at 4 o'clock and locked back.

Back