RS75 HD Thermal Thread

Originally Posted By: skinney
We do pretty well, My Grandpa and Dad did solid work putting in thousands of trees for wind breaks. I've helped put in an additional 5+ thousand, and in the end it's the wind that kills them, so trees are life. This spring I have plans to make a few forests so that my grandkids have even a better set up.

We winter about 600 head, and usually cull the older cows whether they are open or not, this alleviates a lot of problems with older weaker cattle not handling the weather. I work closely with our neighbors who will give me anything they lose, as long as I'm there when they need me to kill during calving. Lot's of extra work, but it's worth it.

Awesome stuff!!! My 11 yr old and 14 yr old experienced their first night hunting last year.(myself included) They both took 4 each off of a calf carcass at 200 yards. The 11 year old took a fifth at 240, and the 14 yr old took a small female at 328. Zero misses! Ten shells ten dead dogs. Pretty proud how all of my teaching has helped them become awesome shooters!

We just discovered your channel and Night Crew too. Awesome stuff. Love the videos. Season here opens Feb 1st, so in the mean time I made them a "kill box". Four bales on the bottom two on top.
We only used an ATN with a sniper hog coyote canon last year. This year we have a thermal on the way. They are really hoping to synchronize some kills off the box this year. We will set up at about 80 yards this year. Need to have them practice synchro shots before the real deal hits.

Love all the videos!!!!!

Originally Posted By: bluedog69

We just discovered your channel and Night Crew too. Awesome stuff. Love the videos. Season here opens Feb 1st, so in the mean time I made them a "kill box". Four bales on the bottom two on top.
We only used an ATN with a sniper hog coyote canon last year. This year we have a thermal on the way. They are really hoping to synchronize some kills off the box this year. We will set up at about 80 yards this year. Need to have them practice synchro shots before the real deal hits.

Love all the videos!!!!!

I always get deeply humbled and immensely gratified when I hear comments like this. It's so awesome for me to hear you got your kids into the Hunting Culture and are becoming successful using some of my Techniques. I am going to be working on a video as well, with our life size AR-500 custom Coyote targets I use to practice synced shots at any given distance! I'm certain your boys will enjoy it and gain some info from it! I'll be sure and keep the cursing non existent!

Some more RS 75 goodness.
Temp 27F
Humidity 85%
Wind NNW 15MPH
Distance to shot 60M

We used a subtle distress to get these Coyotes responding slowly so we could attempt another Sync'd up double.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyAwesome. Looked like a black & white day movie. Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: bluedog69

Love all the videos!!!!!

I always get deeply humbled and immensely gratified when I hear comments like this. It's so awesome for me to hear you got your kids into the Hunting Culture and are becoming successful using some of my Techniques. I am going to be working on a video as well, with our life size AR-500 custom Coyote targets I use to practice synced shots at any given distance! I'm certain your boys will enjoy it and gain some info from it! I'll be sure and keep the cursing non existent!
Thanks for the reply!!!!
We look forward to more awesome videos!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skinneySome more RS 75 goodness.
Temp 27F
Humidity 85%
Wind NNW 15MPH
Distance to shot 60M

We used a subtle distress to get these Coyotes responding slowly so we could attempt another Sync'd up double.

So my boys have discovered a new way to practice. They both have nurf guns. Sitting on the couch. Watching your synchronized kills. They are taking turns counting 1, 2, CLICK! A lot of the time it sounds like one gun going off.
They are getting good at timing their shots together. PLUS they are watching the coyotes in your videos. Learning to pick up on their demeanor and when it is a good time to shoot.

Life is good!!!!

100% humidity in this clip, raining before it started snowing.
The movement on my end before I held position was me moving with my Two Vets CF tripod trying to get a little closer, because the shot was at a 60 degree angle.

Shot ended up being at 75 yards.
Still not as easy as it looks, constantly manipulating focus so that the end shot is clean.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyYou must have been in slingshot range before he spooked. Thanks

lol.gif
Yes I was... I'd say I was about 10 yards when I stopped the ambush.

Originally Posted By: pdplague………….a couple weeks ago I watched a coyote come out into my field and skirt the bait pile by at least 30 yards. He never took his eyes off the pile as he made a half circle around it and left going to the east, never once considering going in for a snack. Jim
I have had similar happen at my bait site. Numerous times over the years coyotes may get a few bites, leave and not return to the bait for extended periods of time. You would think they would hang around for a while, knowing food is there. They can be full of surprises and uncertainty.

Snows still deep here, I'd say close to 24" average spread, and getting the Coyotes to move sometimes is a quite the chore. Here's some pretty cool footage from last night minus the kill shot.

Temp 25F
Wind 1-5mph variable
Hum 78%

Back