BCA enhanced firing pins......junk em!

varminter .223

I think sometime around early 2022 Bear Creek started putting an "enhanced" firing pin in all or some of their uppers. Im not not sure about how long they used them but what I do know is the tips breaks. I put these in two 6 Hagar rigs and it cost me 2 coyotes when it happened to mine and cost my buddy one last night. I had 3 of these uppers from early 2022 and they all had this style pin. I think these are titanium rather than stainless and they are black or have a black coated appearance. They have a narrow bottle necked area in the center of the tip and I'm sure that narrow point it part of the issue. Could be some hardness issues as well. Not hard to find others with this issues with a quick internet search.

Last edited:
The father in law just bought a BCA 22 250 and a 308. We shot them last weekend and going to shoot them tomorrow. Shot a bunch but so far so good.

Thank for the heads up! I went through all of my bear creek side chargers and I did find one of the black pins that you described, I changed it out

Back