Starline 5.56 vs .223 brass

Has anybody used the Starline 5.56 brass within the last year or so? I know it use to have less case capacity than their .223 brass. The last few reviews I've seen says they fixed it and now it's really close to LC brass.

Any reason to get it instead of .223 brass besides head stamp? Their site says the base has a slight difference in metallurgy making
it harder. Does that include making the primer pockets last longer? If so why not do it to all their brass?

Anyway I like all their brass and have around 500 pieces of .223 already. I was curious about the 556 and seen it was open to backorder so I put it on backorder a few weeks ago.

I just seen the 556 page has 2 little red astrix with a note that make it sound like they don't make it very often which makes me wonder how long it will take and was thinking I may get it faster if I change it to .223. Was curious if it was worth the wait or not.

Last edited:
I have about 2k and between my buddies that shot at my range and me we probably have 15k. Its great stuff and IMO is the best thing going for ARs.

Back