Athlon Scope

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: hylanderAny good or waste of money
athlon

Or go with a vortex Originally Posted By: hylanderI have been very happy with all my Vortex's, including this new one.
I have had about 18 of them, right now I have 4 of them and a range finder.
I am really liking my new Sightron I got as well.
Have owned 4 Leupolds and really did not care any of them.

Originally Posted By: hylanderSince no Athlons local to check out, I bought another Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

This post makes no sense. If you have owned 18 Vortex scopes why did you even ask ?

How does it not make sense?
I didn't ask if Vortex was good.
I asked if Athlon was good because I've never owned an Athlon.
Just because I have owned one brand and like it does not mean there is nothing out there I might also like and want to try.

Anyway now looking at this one to try.

Athlon

Athlon is GTG in my opinion, at least in the talos and Argos lines. I can’t vouch for the Neos as I have never seen one and am wary of such a cheap scope.

Originally Posted By: flowjI have Leupold, Zeiss, Vortex, Burris, Sightron and Nikon. The last 3 I've bought have been Athlon. IMO the best bang for the buck in glass and tracking.

Agree 100%. Athlon is the best kept secret. I have 2 midas tac, and cronus. Glass on all of them are more clear that my NF, Leupolds, etc IMO

I have a cheap athlon rimfire and like it. An ares BTR gen II at about 800 bucks and like that too. A midas tac 6-24, also good. My buddy has a Midas tac 5-25 and we both like that one. I also have a razor LHT, tract toric 4-20 and 2-10, maven 2-10, vx3s, bushy 4200s, weavers, SWFA, more i'm forgetting. IMHO athlon is the best value at the moment. If they have something configured how I want, I always consider athlon.

Originally Posted By: hydehuntersend it back to them a buddy that sells them says their customer service is great

I emailed them about the indicated yardage on the side focus of my
Argos being about 20 yards off and asking them how I could take the
cap off to correct it. They replied it was not customer correctible
and to send it back in for repair or replacement.

I've never really considered that an issue on any of my scopes. For target shooting I always just turned it while I looked through it. Most of the time calling I don't have time to mess with it.
It may be because the first scope I had with a side focus was a Hawke. It was way off. Come to think of it I'm not sure how many of mine are right on.
I wouldn't even consider 20 yards an issue. I wouldn't be able guesstimate 20 yards anyway hunting.

Originally Posted By: Coyote-conquestI've never really considered that an issue on any of my scopes. For target shooting I always just turned it while I looked through it. Most of the time calling I don't have time to mess with it.
It may be because the first scope I had with a side focus was a Hawke. It was way off. Come to think of it I'm not sure how many of mine are right on.
I wouldn't even consider 20 yards an issue. I wouldn't be able guesstimate 20 yards anyway hunting.

I totally agree. When hunting I pay no attention to the indication,
but a sharp focus. I only knew it was that far off by the actual
distance of a target, then looking at what was being indicated. The
above post was more for how accommodating Athlon is with their
customers. And no, the scope never was sent back to them.

Back