DeadAir customer service issues

ibschmidty

Anyone else have issues with Dear Air customer service? I have a warranty issue and can’t get a hold of anyone. They don’t do phone calls and won’t respond to emails. I had to find someone on Facebook that says he shoots for them. He started out helping like a champ then started ghosting me. I can’t get anything worked out. Super frustrating. You may want to go somewhere else when looking for a can. Kinda wish I did.

That's sad to hear. Hopefully it's a manpower issue over the holidays and they'll get caught up next week?

I hope so. I finally found their FFL registered phone number. I’ve messaged them on all their social media accounts I could find. I’ll give them the weekend to get back to work and I’ll start hounding the boss come Tuesday I think.

After a dozen voicemails and emails, still next to no progress. I’m hoping they’re not about to go out of business. Don’t know how they could survive with such piss poor customer service. This is sad. Stay away from Dead Air is all I can say.

I don't think they are about to go out of business. I follow their IG account and it's very active. IF you don't have an IG account, they follow my work, I could reach out to them directly and try to aid in your cause?

Originally Posted By: ibschmidtyAfter a dozen voicemails and emails, still next to no progress. I’m hoping they’re not about to go out of business. Don’t know how they could survive with such piss poor customer service. This is sad. Stay away from Dead Air is all I can say.

Wow.. That, stinks.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: ibschmidtyAfter a dozen voicemails and emails, still next to no progress. I’m hoping they’re not about to go out of business. Don’t know how they could survive with such piss poor customer service. This is sad. Stay away from Dead Air is all I can say.

The world of shooters buying (and waiting) for suppressors is incredibly small. I expect that this will get taken care of, and there is likely an explanation for this terrible situation (such as everyone is on a post holiday vacation or prepping hard for shot show or the like). As an owner, I’ve not personally had this issue with their service, so I suspect something else. At least I hope so.

Last edited:

Not sure what to think about their lack of response, but last fall I sent them an email with a question, & they responded back in less than an hour.

They don't have cell service or internet at the SHOT show? He posted three weeks ago. Shot show is a pee poor excuse for not showing the common courtesy of responding to a customer for three weeks and I'd go well out of my way to avoid a company that would feed me a line like that.

- DAA

Agreed. There aren't any good excuses for taking this long to respond. If there was a significant issue with the company they could have posted a response on any of their website/social media platforms to let everybody know of a delayed response.

Not making excuses for them. I don't have any association with them. Just know that some companies aren't as big as they would seem and during shot show all but shut down due to being at the show. That doesn't excuse the previous weeks.

Maybe, but I started my warranty claim in early November. Never heard from them till I found a guy on Facebook that posted that he worked for them. He started to talk and then ghosted me. I’ve emailed maybe a dozen times and never heard from them till just the other day. Same guys finally replied to multiple messages to him. They said it’s been processed and is waiting to ship to my FFL. 3 months and the company has still never replied to my emails. It’s just sad. I hope they follow through and not go out of business before my FFL gets the can so I can start my long wait.

After chasing them down on social media, I finally was told that my claim was being processed. So from the beginning of November to now. My warranty was approved and processed. The FFL still has had no word from them and I have no idea of when they’ll ship so I can start my “jail time”. Hopefully they stay in business long enough to ship my can. And hopefully the new one won’t blow up like my last one. They’ve since ghosted me again when I asked when they might be able to ship so I can have my FFL ready to receive. Anyone else face anything this horrible from other companies?

Update- I chased them down at our local outdoor expo in Salt Lake City. I gave them an ear full and expressed how upset I was. I talked to their customer service manager at the show. He said he was mad at how I've been treated and wanted to make it up. Said he was going to ship me the quick detach adapters for all of my rifles and expedite the replacement can. He even promised me a that they would send me the rim fire can they have as well. After about another month of nothing from them, I emailed them. Actually got a response in an hour or two. I thought things would be looking good for me to get this all done and move on. He said that raw materials are making it hard to replace the Nomad Ti that I wanted. He then said he would pull one out of another order or something like that. I asked about the rimfire can and he said it would go out most likely the next week. Also offered to pay for both of my stamps but I told him no but he insisted on paying for at least one. We agreed and I actually got the $200ish dollars cashiers check for the atf about two weeks ago. Still no can and they’re back to radio silence. I may use the check to buy another companies can. I've sent multiple emails asking for a return phone call and nothing. I started this whole warranty claim in early November. I'm just sick to my stomach to be treated like this. my friends and even my gunsmith that is set up to handle the transfer of the can says I'm being too nice.
Anyone have a suggestion on what I can do from here? I thought of going to the Utah Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. I have avoided social media to trash them because I still want my can warrantied.
I have learned that I will never give them more money and will never suggest anyone buy something from them. Its not a bad product, but if ever you have an issue, good luck getting it resolved.
I've done a few online searches and it appears that this is not uncommon for them. I wish I did my homework about the company before I spent my money.
Funniest part is that this is the suppressor that I won in the raffle at the last PM convention in Elko.

Last edited:
Back