THEIVES!!!!

pyscodog

Went into a local store in Tulsa today. I have a friend that works there so I stop in now and then and sometimes buy sometimes not. Today I needed a can of One Shot so I got it there. Small talk about Christmas and usual gun talk and then he told me he had been dealing with Police and other Law enforcement agencies. Seems a couple of days ago they had a robbery. A guy knocked a hole through a concrete wall and broke in and stole 30 firearms. Most were pistols and four long guns. The store has camera's everywhere, inside and out but this guy found one area that wasn't covered. Seems he picked and choose what he wanted. My friend said the thief must have scoped the place out pretty good to know where to break through. So now there will be 30 firearms on the streets in Tulsa and not a single gun law will make one bit of difference.

Originally Posted By: AdamTSounds like someone knew the layout of the building and security system pretty well

The guy I talked to said the same thing as you Adam. Figured he had scoped the place out before hand. The crazy thing is they have security cameras everywhere. They have him on camera but its dark and the pictures aren't very good. Seems there wasn't a camera in the area he broke through at either.

Wish thieves here were dealt with, like they are in some other countries, even caught. Hang them high or cut off a hand.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: AdamTSounds like someone knew the layout of the building and security system pretty well

The guy I talked to said the same thing as you Adam. Figured he had scoped the place out before hand. The crazy thing is they have security cameras everywhere. They have him on camera but its dark and the pictures aren't very good. Seems there wasn't a camera in the area he broke through at either.

It seems that this is a common problem with a lot of security camera systems. People go to a discount store a buy a cheap security camera package and then rely on it to provide viable information when needed. I can't understand why people would not pay attention to what they are relying on for personal or business security. For the cost of one or two of the stolen guns they could have had 2k or 4k cameras to cover the entire business.

I live in a very low crime area but I still installed a POE camera system on my house. The cost was very reasonable and I figure it is about the best crime deterrent you can buy. When someone approaches my front door they will see a doorbell camera if they keep approaching after the 4k PTZ camera with Auto tracking and IR/LED lights follows them all the way up my driveway. Best first line of defense there is for a home invasion event IMO.

Ody9fSI.jpg

It is strange. I have a $29 trail camera that takes great pictures. We use trail cameras at the gun club and they take great pictures. I know the owner of the store, I use to work there and I doubt he bought cheap security. He was in law enforcement for years as well. Something just isn't right about the break in to me but I'm sure I didn't get the whole story either. The break in happened in the evening or late night and it was dark in the store but they said the thief more or less picked and choose the items he took. Seems to me he knew what he was looking for.

Sounds more and more like someone with inside information or plenty of time in the shop to make a plan and shopping list. Some seasoned criminals are smart, most average crooks are far from it.

I won't say it was an "inside job", but I do think it was someone that was in the store enough to know what to look for as far as security camera's and such. I don't think it was a run of the mill crack head just needing some cash either. Granted this shop isn't in the best location in the Tulsa area but the thief broke in to the store in the only area that was protected with camera's. IDK if the store has motion detectors or not. Another friend of mine that has a reloading business said he has 15 motion sensors in his store and if the alarm sound and isn't shut off in 15 seconds the police are on their way. Sounds logical to me.

When I had my shop I lived over it. Any time I was away everything went into a safe, a very large double door Wells Fargo safe with a sign on it stating that black powder was stored in it also.

Most of the small LGSs that I knew either stored in a safe each night or had a safe room built if they didn't live on sight.

Last edited:
My Brother works part time at one of the larger local GS's in our area. They got hit last night. Forth time in less than a year. The local police in st. Louis county appear to be useless for the store owner. They have cameras and the thieves on film, but ... so far no help. He told me a store manager got there before the police, (around 4 am) did after the alarm sounded. Sad indeed.

This store has a lot of firearms and ammo and reloading supplies. Largest store in the city, maybe the state. None of the firearms are put in a safe at night. It would take way to long to do it. He doesn't have a back door to speak of and all the other doors are closed at night with a metal door covering them like a steel garage door. He has camera's everywhere...except where the thief broke in. Sure makes you wonder. I use to work there and couldn't tell you where all the camera's are at. They're even on the roof. They also have a six foot chain link fence around the place and a locked gate at night.

local place around here got hit once... they stole a van... drove it thru the brick wall on the side of the building to get in, grabbed a buncha guns and took off.

was the only parking area that didnt have poles in the ground, go figure.

bars on the windows/doors dont do squat when you smash thru the ciderblocks with someone elses cargo van

Went to the store that got robbed today. The manager said they caught the guy. Seems the cops were called to a domestic dispute and in the heat of the argument, the wife said "Maybe I should tell them about the gun shop you robbed last week". So far they recovered 16 of the firearms and he's in jail. That's about all the information I got but at least they got the thief.

haha that'll teach him to argue with a woman. Sounds like he will have a long time to think about her on the outside doing whatever

Back