6mm ARC bolt gun

Panyote

Anyone have any expierence with this caliber in a bolt gun? Going to get one for my son for deer and coyotes. I was going to get a 243 but the recoil is too much. Plan on running the Hornady 90 grain eldx with CFE223 powder.

Only hunting rd is a 103 gr bullet@ 2800. 243 custom lite ammo is a 87 gr @2800. I would make sure I had ARC ammo available, or load 243 down until he grows a bit.

I run a savage 110 in 6 ARC. Recoil is mild enough to spot most shots if the scope is not cranked up too high. It did come with a brake on it, which I'm sure makes a diffrence. So far I have just shot factory ammo in order to get brass. Haven't reloaded anything for it, but it looks like it could really be versatile. have made consistent hits on steel to 700 with it, and coyotes to about 500. Ballistically and accuracy wise it seems to be pretty legit. Have plans to build an AR chambered for it sometime, too.

I have 2 the first one shoots 90gr Ballistic tips with H4895 into real small groups 3 shots .2. The second one I haven't shot it yet. I plan on shooting 108gr Bergers out of it.

I have one that I had built off a Howa mini action. It shoots dime size five shot group at 100 yards. Bartlien barrel, Bell Carson stock, timney trigger, MDT bottom metal. Great gun! And round!

If I can find a Howa Mini in 6ARC, I'm going to grab it. Looks like a neat little round. My 8yr old son really enjoys shooting his Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel loaded down to keep the recoil from bothering him.

Back