Surrounded and Frozen!

204 AR

I was pretty content in the recliner tonight but my buddy asked if I wanted to cruise around and do some scanning. Between us we know most landowners in the area and/or know how to get ahold of them for permission. It was a cold windy day but the wind calmed and we went out. Sure enough, he spotted a quad on his side, a couple quick calls and we had permission and braved the sub zero wind chill.

Bright moon, crunchy snow, I didn't have much faith in it but why not. The first to respond hung across the road, not far from the truck, never got closer than 350 or so. I didn't take the shot but got some footage. Another came in well and drilled him at 140. At that point my buddy was about frozen, got light headed and I was wondering if he was gonna make it out under his own power. He recovered enough to make the short walk back to the truck. Not prepared with good enough gear for these temps, a lesson was learned I think. Be careful out there!

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterWhat was the temp?

It wasn't that crazy, 8 or 10 above iirc when we looked. The breeze made it 5 below wind chill, so not really all that bad.

Yup, I always dress for extreme cold due to my issues with walking. I also carry windproof gear as it makes a huge difference when the wind comes up.

If you have to struggle to get back to the truck you want to be prepared.

Back