Portable Shooting Trailer

Gman757

I recently sold my 4 wheeler but kept the trailer and converted it into a shooting trailer. I take it up to a farm about 20 miles from my house where we have a range set up in a clay pit.

The sun is usually an issue here in FL and it's hot down in the clay pit so I ordered a Bimini top from Amazon and made a mount base for it on the trailer rail. When the sun gets low I have to add a tarp to stay shaded.

I set up a Caldwell stable table and shoot off bags or a lead sled if I am testing ammo.

https://www.caldwellshooting.com/rests/benches/the-stable-table/252552.html

kGCvvTf.jpg
PWyai5Q.jpg

I also added some fold down stabilizers to the rear of the trailer so I can disconnect my truck and use it for running back and forth to the target.

drjjQm0.jpg
nAYnhp1.jpg

That is freaking cool! How many times have you shot off of it? Are you having any issues after you unhook it from the truck?

Thx LD. I have used it 2 times since installing the rear stabilizers and it’s plenty stable when disconnected from the truck. I just put down a board under the tongue jack and its GTG.

Next time I go I will take a small piece of plywood to go under rear stabilizers also.

Last edited:
Very nice!! Great idea for sure. What amazes me the most is a trailer where the lights actually work and is clean and rust free. Up north, a trailer lasts about a season in that condition. Salt and brine immediately go to work on them. Trailer lights are a seasonal maintainence routine. I went to magnetics just save some of that hassel. Ahhh the trade offs.
Looks great and is an outstanding set up!!!

Very nice, I did the same thing a few years ago for groundhog hunting we hunt some pretty big farms where we can hunt all day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: baitpileVery nice!! Great idea for sure. What amazes me the most is a trailer where the lights actually work and is clean and rust free. Up north, a trailer lasts about a season in that condition. Salt and brine immediately go to work on them. Trailer lights are a seasonal maintainence routine. I went to magnetics just save some of that hassel. Ahhh the trade offs.
Looks great and is an outstanding set up!!!

Thanks.

The reason it looks like new is I painted the trailer with Rustoleum and rolled some Thompson's water seal on the floorboards before I started the project. It also lives in my garage so that keeps it in pretty good shape too.

This trailer is manufactured about 30 miles north of me so I had them install LED lights and they seem to be holding up pretty well. You might give them a try.

Last time I went shooting the sand was wet in the clay pit and I kept sliding on the drop down gate so I installed a rubber mat from Home Depot with a bunch of cable ties.

ld0siQc.jpg

Very nice, Gman. I have an old 5x10’ trailer that I am considering turning into a camper for a mobile bait hunting setup for coyotes. Trailers for shooting / hunting are interesting.

Back