Factory quality control.

jrhafd

Anyone seeing issues recently with quality control on factory ammo. Recently got 2 boxes of Remington 55gr soft point 22-250 for a gun my son got for his birthday. Gun was shooting all over the place. Started looking at the ammo an found 3 rds with cracked necks, very inconsistent seating depth, and the bullets them self are very inconsistent. Some are pointed,some have a very flat nose, some looking they have welding slag on the end. I know I'm not probally gonna gets MOA accuracy out of this but it was like 4in group. Dug through and found 14 similar rounds and was able.to get a 1.5" group. Just annoying with the issues finding certain rounds and the price that one has to deal with this.

Handloader here, too since about '67. Remington back then was the
"go to" for brass and bullets. They made quality stuff, but around 15
years ago, I started getting cracked necks during the FIRST sizing.
That's when they lost a brass customer. However, I've not come across
any badly made bullets from Remington.

It's hard to shoot factory ammo now.

I recently got a bit lasy and picked up a box of .40sw carry ammo that's pretty good. Otherwise the last time I got a box of factory ammo was 30-06 Winchester leads free deer bullets a few years ago and two of them had neck problems also, I cant remember exactly what was there problem but I never shot them and the rest of the box shot like crap.

Back