Male Grey tonight

1trkyhntr

I made one stand tonight. About 10 minutes of prey distress sounds then I switched to Platinum Grey. This male Grey came in at about 2-3 minutes. I had to lip squeak to stop him, killed him at about 20 yds.
GWfpe7M.jpg

Great job, i wished we had foxes here like in the 70s and 80s, they are SUPER rare to call now in Southern Indiana. My home state is so jacked up on night hunting its pathetic. So back in the day we had fox everywhere and hardly any coyotes. Bobcats was pretty much extinct.

Fast forward to today and we can shoot fox or coyotes but not bobcats, they are still classified as endangered in Indiana.

I'm retired military so my "job" is to hunt so I get lots of opportunities to be in the field and actually see whats out there. This is my first year of actually keeping count of kills per a member here (marineguy) My running talley since starting my 22' season in September, I've personally killed 92 coyotes from Indiana, called over 30 bobcats in Indiana and only called ONE fox in Indiana, ONE all season. Something is bad wrong with this picture and I wish they would do something to help out the fox and open limited season on cats. I don't shoot foxes at home to try and help out but I'm not very optimistic about the future of foxes in Indiana.

Sorry for the fox rant in Indiana! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
We don't have that many foxes anymore either. I might kill 20 a year. 10 years ago it was easily 2 - 3X that. I think that the coyotes work on the foxes pretty hard. That and predator hunting has really taken off here in the last 3-4 years. I don't even hunt some of my old honey holes anymore because of the pressure.
One regret that I have is taking a few guys predator hunting for their first time. Now they hunt, their buddies hunt, and their buddies buddies hunt. On my old spots.

Good deal Mike.
I also don’t shoot foxes because of our numbers.
I also learned the lesson of taking people to areas that l hunted (past tense) gobblers. My nephew was one of the offenders and he and l had a talk explaining etiquette and l must say he has turned out to be a very ethical hunter and is now teaching his boys correctly.

Now if l take someone for either turks or coyotes , it is to their spots.

Back