Finally got a Flatside Contender Frame

tred1956

Finally acquired a flatside Frame. It is a Matte TCA 1999 Limited Edition (Not sure but was told only 38 were made). If you are sure how many were made Please let me know. Barrel is OTT 16 inch step barrel in 20 VT. Forend by Tony G and grip by Dave D from a Black Walnut tree cut by my Dad (he cut it when I was 12 & I am now 64). Wears a BullBerry mount with Burris Signature Rings. Leupold fine crosshair VX-III 8.5-25x50mm. At almost 10 pounds it just sits rock solid in my Fuzz rest and makes me look like a Marksman LOL
Safe shooting
Doug

Last edited:
It is a 20 VarTarg. I never shoot alone, everytime I shoot it My Dad is watching from Above. Probably Mom also, as the Walnut blank I used was originally cut to make a Mantel for Her fireplace. Unfortunately Daddy never got around to it. It was 4 inches thick by 16 inches wide by 96 inches long. I believe Dave made me 7 sets total out of it. The Kids and Grandkids (Who shoot) got a set to enjoy. All the wood wasn't perfect but it sure Feels PERFECT to Me.
Thanks
Doug

Here you go. It will do better than the Old Man can LOL
Safe shooting
Doug

15 Shot group 90 yards

Last edited:
20 VarTarg about 3400 but not my fastest Contender in 20 Caliber. Contender pictured below is 20 Tactical and RUNS 4100 to 4200 out of a 22 inch full bull OTT. It Also Wears a BullBerry mount with Burris Signature Rings. Leupold fine crosshair VX-III 8.5-25x50mm. Has a Georgia Jim Target forend and ambi grip. At almost 8 pounds it ALSO just sits rock solid in my Fuzz rest and makes me look like a Marksman LOL First picture is of 20 TAC & 20 VT for comparison
Safe shooting
Doug

Back