$240 plus tax for CCI Large Rifle Primers

pyscodog

I went to a local store in Tulsa today. I won't mention the name but all the cars are zebra striped. He had a shelf full of CCI LRP in stock. I asked how much for a brick and he quoted me $240 and tax. I almost had a stroke. He had 8 lb jugs of H4350 for $399.99 and tax. They had some foreign made primers for $140 and tax if you paid in cash, $150+ tax if paid on a CC. I sure hope this isn't the new "normal". I'll have to find a new hobby.

If people don’t pay the price the store wants, they will come down when they can’t sell their products. Consumers that are willing to buy are the ones causing the prices to become the normal price.

Problem is, it seems there is always someone willing to pay the stupid inflated prices. Ignorance and deep pockets seems to keep prices inflated.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeMust be why gas and diesel is so costly ?

That is funny.

Ammoseek is your friend on primers. If you are patient, you will find a reputable dealer offering today’s world inflated prices, not gouge your eye out prices.

Had a friend that paid a stupid amount for large pistol primers. He was afraid the prices was still going to go up. he doesn't compete. I told him all of these prices fluctuate in cycles. its up, its down. Stray calm and cary on.

Last year, primers never popped up on alerts.

They pop up now regularly... it's a start in the right direction.

If people would just sit tight and buy WHAT THEY NEED right now vs. WHAT THEY WANT for future use, things would smooth out.

Production has proven primers can be had at $70-$90 per K... so why buy now thinking you can't buy later?

I just picked up a pound of H4350 for $44.99, I think the last time I saw it on their shelves was years ago for $38.99.

I'm sure not happy with $45 a pound but at least it didnt increase as much as primers, I saw BR2s on their shelf a few months ago for $9.99 per 100.

Bullets can be found on shelves now but primers and powder are nearly impossible to find.

The last H4350 I bought was $50 a pound but no tax. That was at a gun show. Not good but livable. I have noticed at one shop that he has lowered his prices a little on some powders but the stuff in demand has stayed the same......high!

The market will dictate prices. If stuff sells at a high price, why would they ever lower it?

My wife was at a Scheels Saturday, she checked and they had 450s for $95 a brick, I said pass. I'm a buyer when they get down to about 70. And I think they will and I have enough in the mean time to get by.

I did have her pick up a bag of shot for $55, that's something I don't see coming down unfortunately.

S#!t, I'm starting to get old reminiscing about the old prices, I think I payed $22 for my first pound of Varget and a flat of primers for $1.99 or less.

The last brick of primers I got was only $45 for BR2s!

I guess I would be surprised seeing prices come down from $45 per pound and $100 a brick of primers, nearly everything has increased that much. My chickens just stopped laying eggs for winter and I got my first 12 eggs from the store in 9 months, $4.50 a dozen, last I payed was $2.99 or less.

Nah, you ain't old RK! I started loading for my first center fire, a Mod. 92 Win. in 38-40. Primers were a buck/100. Used about 15 gr. 4759 powder (about $3# IIRC) and cast lead bullets from scrounged tire weights and recycled lead bullets dug up from backstop, net cost just south of $.02 per round. (480 rounds/# powder). Used my own Lyman 310 loading tool (cost under $20) and my friend & mentor gunsmith's powder measure and bullet mold until I could afford my own. Lots of fond memories there; and still smell Werth's cigars to this day. RIP Werth!!

But hey, I was a high school student working part time for $.45-.$75/hour back in 1950.
lol.gif
. Guess everything is relevant, or at least it was BB (before Brandon).
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Bought CCI SR primers a month ago at Runnings, $6.50 a hundred, limit was 200, but thought that reasonable. Powder prices were pretty good, but nothing I needed.

I came into this most recent shortage pretty well-stocked on primers, but still buying powder at times. Recently got an 8# jug ofH-335 from Natchez with free hazmat for about $30/# plus tax and shipping, still less than $35 a pound delivered. Bought an 8# H-4350 a few weeks ago locally for about $4/# including the tax. Think I'm in pretty good shape for a while.

Back