Best Holster For Concealed Carry ?

Hybrid leather w/kydex shell types are the most comfy. Many are very similar in design and function. Which one fits YOU best is personal preference. You'll likely end up with a box full of holsters looking for "the right one" that you'll never really find because carrying a gun IWB is always a compromise on comfort. I've tried most of them. Still looking for "the one".

I recently tried a Crossbreed supertuck, it's allright except for the unnecessary jesus cross on the belt clips.

I literally returned a Vedder holster this week, at least they have a 30-day wear it & return policy. Well built and good looking but not comfy.

For IWB leather/kydex I prefer Alien gear.
All leather, TT Gun leather hands down.
That being said I carry mostly OWB, Stealth Operater.
And like Dirty Dog said, you'll probably end up with a drawer full like most of us.

I have a King Tuk iwb for deep conceal and a custom owb leather pancake style dress holster for my 3" Kimber. And a pocket sleeve for a lcp. I'm not a big guy and concealing without a jacket is an issue, hence the lcp. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to conceal a 1911 comfortably in the summer.

That's a question that only you can answer.. I've tried IWB holsters from about every maker a guy could think of, and none of them have been a real pleasure to wear. I've simply settled on outside the waistband holsters under a cover garment. Long untucked T-shirts in the summer.

Yes, the handful of variables. I’ve tried also, not real big on IWB, I’ve got many options. Much comes down to the gun type, clothing, then how accessible you want the gun. Another issue with me is action type, certain guns/actions I don’t want wedged in my waistline while moving around. I’ve read the stories.

In the cooler months, most is easy, OWB is fine. I’ve also used the ‘belly band’ even ‘smart carry’ for deeper concealment. Of course a smaller gun makes it easier.

There can be no ‘one holster’, there are different requirements. I’m talking the private CC citizen.

As a guy who makes holsters for a living, there is no answer to your question. Nothing works for everyone, and you just need to try as many as you can and pick a winner. Price doesn't matter (I make fully custom gear that starts at $175), but you need to have a rig that has good retention and full covers the trigger.

Originally Posted By: johralAs a guy who makes holsters for a living, there is no answer to your question. Nothing works for everyone, and you just need to try as many as you can and pick a winner. Price doesn't matter (I make fully custom gear that starts at $175), but you need to have a rig that has good retention and full covers the trigger.

All that and offers a full grip on the gun to draw with and a sweat shield on the backside.

It’s kinda like everyone is still trying to make the best mousetrap. And two pistols I want to carry the most, I can’t find an IWB holster, either because the pistol is no longer made, or the laser was not the most common, etc.

Back