How important is a tracking number?

pyscodog

I bought a rifle from a member off another site, he has received his money. He tried to ship the rifle UPS but they would not allow him to ship it so he took it to his FFL to ship. According to him, it was shipped Friday but I can't seem to get a tracking number from him. He stays in touch and even sent me a picture of the uncashed check I sent with todays time and date. Says he won't cash it until I receive the rifle, Thurs or Friday. Should I worry??

Not until thursday or friday. I just sent of a MO to a fellow for a stock and it is very windy here and I lost the tracking on the way home.

He seems like a good guy. He answers my text messages promptly. I called his phone and it answers with his name and business. When I talked to him personally on the phone he seemed like a "Good Ol Boy". Answered my questions without a problem. Maybe I'm just an old fart worrying for nothing. I just don't understand why I can't get a tracking number.

Sounds like it's on the up and up to me. Sounds like the ffl shipped it but didn't provide him with a tracking number either. I'd wait it out.

I think everyone is a little more suspicious of things these days. Product of the times unfortunately.
Hopefully it arrives and all is well.

I catch he11 from the ex, she says I'm to trusting. She's probably right but they'll only screw me once. He seems to be a straight shooter and like 204 AR says, its probably the FFL who screwed things up.Hopefully I'll have a new rifle come Saturday.

Your first mistake was talking to your ex.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootYour first mistake was talking to your ex.
lol.gif

Your probably very right there. Although we get along better now than the 28+ years we lived together. And I don't have to ask permission to buy another gun either. LOL

I'm very thankful to have NOT talked to my ex in over 10 yrs and I hope it stays that way.
Glad you can have civil communication with yours.

Last edited:
Well I got a new email from the guy I bought the rifle from. Seems the FFL mailed the wrong rifle. Not to me as mine is still setting on his counter boxed, labeled and ready to ship. Said he will ship on Monday and get me a tracking number when it does.

Wish there were a better way to do these internet deals. No one wants to ship a gun without getting their money and after you send money you just hope the guy is honest and sends your firearm. That's why I prefer face to face sales. I saved a sizeable amount of money under the cost of a new rifle plus a nice set of rings so it was hard to pass up. But if I never get the rifle I just lost a butt load of cash. Not saying this is going to happen but I don't have a rifle in my hands yet either.

Growing up we had an old German guy that owned the local pool hall. One of his famous sayings was, "Trust in humanity...but cut the cards". Another, "You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once". I look both ways crossing a one way street. LOL

Originally Posted By: crapshootI'm very thankful to have NOT talked to my ex in over 10 yrs and I hope it stays that way.

If I wanted to talk to my ex-wives we could set down and play bridge. I like bridge too much to ruin it that way!!

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: crapshootI'm very thankful to have NOT talked to my ex in over 10 yrs and I hope it stays that way.

If I wanted to talk to my ex-wives we could set down and play bridge. I like bridge too much to ruin it that way!!

Greg

Unless it's a very secluded and very high bridge order swift moving water.

Sounds like a good report. Now just hope the delivery service doesn’t lose it or damage it in transit.

Back