Seekins Havak PH2

pyscodog

Been shopping for something a little above a Remington or Savage and wanted something in the line of a custom build. I looked at Christensen and the Springfield Waypoint. Reviews were mixed. But then I saw the Seekins Havak PH2 and it really caught my eye. Carbon fiber stock, Timney trigger, spiral fluted bolt and barrel and weighs in at around 7 pounds. Really hard to find reviews saying anything bad and the warranty is really even harder to believe. If it breaks they fix it or replace it for the life of the rifle and no matter who the original owner was. I found a used one with a really low round and a little less than new and no wait time to get it. I know some reviews are very misleading but most I watched were just normal people and not paid to say good things about a product.

Have any of you got one or have shot them? Do they really live up to what's being said? I'm hoping for a diamond and not getting coal.

Seekins is close to me and I always like using stuff that's from my area. I don't have one of their bolt guns but I have a couple of their AR's and they've been really good. In fact, my Seekins SP10 6.5CM shoots crazy good.

They make really good stuff and if they have something you're interested in, I wouldn't hesitate buying it. Also, I've talked to them numerous times and they're CS has been excellent.

Their warranty was a major selling point for me. It don't get much better than what they advertise. I hope I never need it though. There are many features that I like as well. The Waypoint seems like a nice rifle and the Christensen did as well but something about the Havak just fit the bill.

I had a PH1 which was the original cock on close action - when I sent it in for the bolt upgrade, they replaced the action so now it’s a PH2 action. I’m going into my 6th season using this Seekins Havak as a PRS rifle - I hogged out the original McMillan Game Warden stock to take Heavy Palma barrels and added lead to the forend to get it heavy enough for competition use and properly balanced. I wouldn’t pay $1250 for their stripped action, but I bought the rifle complete at $1800 out the door, which is cheaper than I could have bought and built an equivalent action like a Defiance Tenacity (bolt on rail, integral lug) - and then the DLC bolt coating kinda ends up free in that calculus…

The PH2 stock is crazy light, but don’t be mislead about what it is. The PH2 stock is injection molded polymer which is reinforced with carbon fiber - it is NOT a laid up carbon fiber stock (ala Manners). This might not matter, or it might be a deal breaker. The barreled action ends up pretty cheap when purchased as a complete rifle.

Rebuilding the Havak as a competition rifle was kinda misguided, but it was one of the best options at the time for a factory Production Class rifle off of the shelf. As a hunting rifle, it’s legit.

I'm way to old for any competition so its going to be a hunting/ recreational paper puncher. I like the fact it is light and should be accurate. I think it will fit the bill pretty well. I also think I got a pretty good deal on it, cost wise. Save me money and weight time as well. This one is in 6.5 Creed. I'd kinda liked a different caliber but at least I have components and dies already for the Creedmoor.

Back