Good day today

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I have two rifles that I have put together this past year, a little 20P on a Rem 700 action. I haven't hunted it yet so today was the first day out in the field. Second it a 22-250AI again never hunted befor, in fact I spun the barrel on last friday and just picked an old-time load from the book. I was hunting grass meadows in the mesquite, zero elevation other than my stool but you can see for a ways.

bQvgWF.jpg

Called in four in five stands and missed one and killed one. The one I killed crossed the grass a few hundred yards out and worked his way in hidden in the mesquite on the left. He burst out of the mesquite at about 30 yards, rushed in, leaped up and grabbed the decoy and hit the ground surprised that the decoy wasn't real, he took too long to think about it and the 20 P barked.
KljVYG.jpg

One in the bag and it was time to head to the range and sight the 22-250AI in. I must have picked a good load as it only took four rounds to sight it in and back to hunting.

Again hunting the grassy mesquite thinking I could get some distance on the coyotes. Second stand I get a down winder come in from behind me and shot him at 20 yards, needless to say a 22-250AI is not fur friendly at that range.

uIWMjU.jpg

When the Minaska calls, they come.

Called in five and killed two, a fun day.

Last edited:
This one I'm shooting the 32gr Nosler HP, but the jury is still out if I will stick to it as the rifle shoots 39gr Speer HP's well also. My heavy barreled 20P gets 40gr NBT's and my AR 34gr bulk HP', I can't remember is they ara Varmint Nightmares or Dogtown.

Back