Overweight blind pig finds acorn...

crapshoot

2 weekend in a row. Go figure.
Caught this girl sneaking in down wind on the second of 5 stands.
Pin hole in and no exit. Nice pelt for down here. Guessing she's 3 or 4 yrs old. 2 pointer even.

And I've never seen so many grasshoppers especially in a place with NO GRASS!
Anyone have a grasshopper distress sound?

This week's stick is a Remy 788 22-250.

Would be nice to hunt some hilly country and to have more than 50 yards visibility except down a sendero or two track.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Never should have let go of my 788 .22-250. Dumb, dumb, dumb. And I think old Mike Murphy felt guilty for swindling me out of it for the rest of his life, too. He sure did a lot to try and make me feel better about it over the years before he passed, that's for sure.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: hm1996Would be nice to hunt some hilly country and to have more than 50 yards visibility except down a sendero or two track.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

True i guess but the grass ain't always greener, just sayin. I had a view for miles and still didn't see her approach until she popped out where I shot her about 50 yrds away.
I call a lot of flat land too. Looks sparse as you're driving by but get in it at ground level and you won't see squat till it's time to shoot.

Thanks for the comments guys and the time to come look.

Dave i paid way to much for that gun. I'm not in love with it but probably won't ever sell it either.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It's always interesting to see the different topography and conditions from unfamiliar places. WTG on coyotes too. Keep on posting.

Conratulations on getting the coyote.

I don't remember anybody saying you were blind.
smile.gif

I also had a Rem 788 22-250, it was a very good shooter for not much money.

Nice work... my Dad bought me a 788 in 223 when I was a young fella growing up in PA. Could probably have filled a semi with the ground hogs I laid to rest with it. Deer, turkey and later when I moved west a few antelope and even an elk.. She's been a safe queen for a long time. Reading this makes me want to dust her off.. excellent accuracy as I can recall, running whatever ammo I could afford to buy at the time. Thanks for sharing.

Nice, Lance. Keep getting off the couch and you might get that girlish figure back. I wish my 788 was 22-250 instead of .243 but I got a deal on it that you don’t see any more.

Head on down here first chance you get and will try and stumble on some real blind pigs.

Back