Coyote and bobcat tonight

1trkyhntr

The female coyote came in to Eastern Cottontail at about 3 minutes. She went to the down wind and I bark stopped her at about 80 yds. My buddy and I double tapped her, DRT. 32lbs.
The female bobcat came in at about 15 minutes to Devil Hare. We double tapped her at about 75 yds. 14.5 lbs.
4jfX5KC.jpg

Good hunting! I don't like them to get much inside 100 yds so I tap my Foxpro remote against my metal framed seat and it goes to pup distress which stops them every time. Discovered this by accident.LOL!
Our bobcat season doesn't start til December.

Our bobcat doesn’t start till January - (22 mag) that fox bang has scared me more than a few times by bumping my remote off something in the dark !

Originally Posted By: Pabowhunter77 that fox bang has scared me more than a few times by bumping my remote off something in the dark !

I don't use Fox Bang for that very reason. I prefer to bark stop or lip squeak. In theory Fox Bang is a good idea but the last sound that I want to throw at a fox or bobcat is a coyote vocal.

Last edited:
Great job! I noticed you are running the Nvision Halo this year, I went completely with Nvision and running a NOX 35 as a scanner and Halo XRF scope and couldn't be happier! How are you liking yours?

Originally Posted By: Kino MGreat job! I noticed you are running the Nvision Halo this year, I went completely with Nvision and running a NOX 35 as a scanner and Halo XRF scope and couldn't be happier! How are you liking yours?

I also have the Nox 35 for a scanner. I have never looked through any other scanner that has as clear an image as the Nox.
So far I am really liking the Halo X50. I was a big Trijicon fan but they really messed up the new models when they lowered the base mag and changed the battery compartment to drop in CR123's. As I am getting older I need more base magnification and Nvision kind of compromised with that and field of view.
And until I got the Halo I never thought that a button menu could be simpler than the Trijicon turrets but it is. I much prefer the buttons over the turrets now. It is a lot quicker to nuc, change palates, and zoom the Halo than it was the Trijicon.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said, and like you I'm 50, so I can really appreciate more base mag and that 4.5x on the first gen Trijicon was the bomb but it doesn't have the image quality and features of the Halo. I get that they are expensive but without question they have the best Image of any 640 stuff hands down!!

You should start posting some videos so I'm not the only Nvision poster here!!

Again congrats and keep putting the fur down!!

And speaking of scanners and the NOX 35, I also have a brand new Helion XP50 Pro 2 that I have as a backup and for my girlfriend and it gets rave reviews but honestly looking through both side by side the NOX blows it away and that's saying something because that Pulsar definitely has second place locked down, HUGE upgrade from my Bering Phenom 640 and AGM units I owned.

Last edited:
Back