Why did Republicans ruin their midterm chances over abortion???

Rock Knocker

There doesnt appear to have been a red wave.

Considering all the problems in the country and record low Democrat approval ratings, why would Republicans have waisted all their leverage by going after abortion?!?!

Abortion is the last thing I've heard discussed amongst conservatives in the last few years and it turned into the topic of the midterms.

The way I saw midterms, Republicans threw the Democrats a huge bone and kept them in the race and gave liberal voters a reason to go vote. Republicans screwed up bad and I dont think it was an accident.

The way I see it. The higher the Democrats raise the taxes then the more taxes Republicans make, the crazier the liberal ideology the more resources and need to fight against them.

YOUR RIGHT LEG DOESNT WANT YOUR LEFT LEG CHOPPED OFF BECAUSE IT KNOWS IT WOULD CRUMBLE UNDER OUR FAT ASSES ONCE ITS THE ONLY LEG LEFT.

I didn't notice the Republican (candidates or RNC) pushing abortion bans; that was on SCOTUS and the Democrats realizing that is about the ONLY thing they could sink their teeth in. JMHO

I have no idea how anyone could honestly say Biden has accomplished anything other than attack everything Trump and destroy the economy.

Just two of the major "accomplishments of this administration.

From day one Biden attacked the oil industry by blocking the pipeline & restricting domestic oil production at every turn. Take a look at fuel costs immediately after he took office (but in his "victory speech", he forgot to mention the 146% annual increase caused by the destruction of our domestic petroleum industry!) Then he claimed just yesterday, that HE has reduced fuel costs (again failing to mention the recent reduction at the pump was the result of his robbing the Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPR), bringing them to the lowest level since 1984!) Look for those prices to increase when the SPR is exhausted or he turns off the spigot.

20-year-gas-prices.jpeg

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve: History and Uses

Remember that during the Trump administration, the US was the largest oil producer in the world, being completely oil independent, even to the extent of exporting oil to many other countries. Now, we go hat in hand to Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and even Russia recently to supply our petroleum needs (at a much higher price than we were producing it ourselves as recently as 2019.

Quote:At its high point in 2010, the level reach 726.6 million barrels. Since December 1984, the level has never been lower than 450 million barrels — until now.
The Strategic Petroleum Reserve Is At Its Lowest Level Since 1984

Not to mention the disaster at our border. Biden stopped fence and literally promised all who wished to come to the US illegally that they would not be turned away, appointed Kamala as immigration Czar (she visited southern border once at the least active sector and declared all is well). He has yet to show his face on the border.

Estimates of Unique Apprehensions, FY 2005 to December 2021
rising_border_encounters_in_2021_figure_3_3-882x427.png

Border Patrol Apprehensions, October 2012 to December 2021, Single Adults vs. Families and Children
rising_border_encounters_in_2021_figure_4_4-882x427.png

Individuals Apprehended by the Border Patrol and Not Expelled
rising_border_encounters_in_2021_figure_6_4-882x427.png

Regards,
hm

Rock Knocker, are you saying that the most important issue in this election for Dems. was their imagined right to kill their babies? Interesting.
ohmy.gif

Actually, the Democrats had absolutely nothing to claim in the way of accomplishments and then Scotus handed them a bone in the form of Roe vs Wade. They were on the wrong side of all of the concerns listed as top priority of the voters. While abortion was low in the polls, it was all they could use so kept it on the front burner to stir up their base, IMO. As far as I could see, Republicans simply brushed off the issue and referred it to the individual states.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: ADKRock Knocker, are you saying that the most important issue in this election for Dems. was their imagined right to kill their babies? Interesting.
ohmy.gif

Crazy huh? I hope it works well for them.

Hm, you are correct about Roe v wade and that's what turned into the one and only topic discussed during midterms. I dont own a TV and have almost no internet connection but all I heard was abortion discussion, I'm pretty sure I didnt even hear a Republican discussing inflation, gun control or anything else.

Voters have no control of this country, the media is in control and I feel the establishment Republicans are just fine with that.

Republicans lost everything in MN, it would be interesting to see how the Republican's salaries have been though...

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerOriginally Posted By: ADKRock Knocker, are you saying that the most important issue in this election for Dems. was their imagined right to kill their babies? Interesting.
ohmy.gif

Crazy huh? I hope it works well for them.

Yes, self imposed genocide?

You can't expect to give commies a little bit of what they want in order for them to leave the rest of our rights alone.

The right to life is the most sacred and essential of rights we have followed by the 2A.

Before the court ruled state VOTERS decide fetus/birth rights, in March Biden proclaimed the republicans have a surprise coming in November. What has happen in the last 20 years democrats have liberalized voting laws early/late ballot counts, ballot "correcting" and harvesting. It only takes a couple key states to swing a presidential or Senate shift.
My surprise is how does a man who has lost significant cognitive thought "predict" an election 6 months away.
But than in 2020 during a train stop(Biden's campaign) he stated the democrats have the largest fraudulent voting plan ever.
As they say in the land of Obama democrats(Illinois) vote early and vote often. And it doesn't matter who is voted for, but who counts the vote.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootBefore the court ruled state VOTERS decide fetus/birth rights, in March Biden proclaimed the republicans have a surprise coming in November. What has happen in the last 20 years democrats have liberalized voting laws early/late ballot counts, ballot "correcting" and harvesting. It only takes a couple key states to swing a presidential or Senate shift.

My surprise is how does a man who has lost significant cognitive thought "predict" an election 6 months away.
But than in 2020 during a train stop(Biden's campaign) he stated the democrats have the largest fraudulent voting plan ever.
As they say in the land of Obama democrats(Illinois) vote early and vote often. And it doesn't matter who is voted for, but who counts the vote.

Exactly.

I talked with the family over Thanksgiving, they all voted against Republican anti birth control measures without a good thing to say about demicrats.

This was clear as day a, setup, throw in the towel, roll over, payed off, republicans supporting tyrannical government charade.

If you think your republican politicians are your friend............. they need to swim in a crocadile pit along side the demicrats.

With the exception of President Trump the Republican Party has been a huge disappointment over the past few decades. Too many RINO's,establishment Republicans,Globalists and corrupt swamp creatures. But it's the only alternative for the voters in a one party system pretending to be a two party system.

Maybe the Republicans should just say they aren't trying to stop abortions anymore than Dems are trying to take our guns and rights.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI talked with the family over Thanksgiving, they all voted against Republican anti birth control measures without a good thing to say about demicrats.

This was clear as day a, setup, throw in the towel, roll over, payed off, republicans supporting tyrannical government charade.

If you think your republican politicians are your friend............. they need to swim in a crocadile pit along side the demicrats. The only thing I could come up with is the Supreme Court must have liked what the left did to Trump for 4 years and they couldn’t get enough of biden’s agenda. It worked.

Back