CZ 457

pyscodog

A local shop has a HB in stock. It has a really nice tiger strip stock and chambered in 22LR. Lord knows I don't need it but its sure tempting. Thought about snagging it and getting a 22 mag barrel later down the road. I have 22's now that I don't shoot. I hate to add another.

LOL, I'm doing my best to not go back. I really don't "need" it. I've had the HB version before and they have never disappointed. This one has some really nice wood too.

As a friend of mine always says, "there's a lot worse things you could spend your money on" so my vote would be to go back and buy it.

The barrel contour on the HB models, IMO, is maybe a little excessive but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. If it's even remotely a decent price, I'd buy it.

$588 and tax. As much as I'd like to have it, its probably smarter if I passed on it. But if someone is interested in it, I'd be more than happy to tell them where its at.

I've kinda got the hankering for the CZ 457 Trainer with the Manners stock:

20z_CZ457VarmintPrecisionTrainerSuppressorReady_16.5inch-1.png

Originally Posted By: pyscodog$588 and tax. As much as I'd like to have it, its probably smarter if I passed on it. But if someone is interested in it, I'd be more than happy to tell them where its at.

Thats about $125 higher than what they bring around here... little too proud

I have a 455 with both a 22lr and 22 Mag barrels, great little rifle.

22 Mag Win. 40gr jacketed HPs Burris 4X 1.5-6x42mm with Geran #4 handy for populated areas.
1gYQvc.jpg

Just do it! CZ Rimfires are like good whiskey, everyone should have some laying around!

I was dead set on a 457 American in .22 Mag last spring but couldnt find one anywhere. I was in a local shop getting night sights put on one of my pistols and I asked the guy if he had one. He said "no, but I got a combo in .17 and .22" so we went and checked it out. I didnt like the idea of getting into a new cartridge but it went home with me and boy am I glad it did!

With 17 gr VMAX it shot 5 shots into a 1/4" group at 50 yards with the 17 HMR barrel. I then ordered the same gun in .22 Mag that week
thumbup.gif

Both shoot insanely well. I think I actually made a post about them last year

I have one, and it is the best shooting 22LR right out of the box. IMHO. I also, bought another barrel, this one is a 17M2.

Back