First self built coyote rifle 6x6.8

Scrat

Well I finally built my first AR or at least assembled all the parts Seekins billet upper and lower ,Velocity trigger,Nightforce NX8 2.5x20, Deadair Nomad Ti can, and a Rich’s Percision 6x6.8 20” barrel. I have to give a shot out to Rich he went above and beyond to help me and assist me with some load development on my rig he is top notch. The first day out shooting my load of H322 @31.4grn shooting 0.20 inch at 100 yards three shoot group. That is awesome to me thanks again Rich.

I'm glad you got a good one.
I know a few people have been less than happy with their experience with Ritch or his barrels for various reasons but I smile every time I shoot my 6x6.8 from him. Its about the most accurate gun I have and I have a lot of guns.

I bought the same barrel you have from Ritch in 2018. He and Greg were a lot of help on the project. I've shot nothing but 58 Vmax in mine. I shot 30.4 of H322 and averaged 3450 fps. It shot super but swiped pretty good. I finally settled on 30.9 of XBR and get 3371 but the brass looks good. I could get super velocities out of AA2200 but not so good accuracy. Your 55 blitzking must have less bearing surface than a Vmax. I think if I tried 31.4 of H322 it would rip the rim off my brass. Do you know how fast it's running? My 6X6.8 is my dedicated night time thermal rig. I have had a lot of fun with it. I probably need to order another barrel from Ritch just to have a back-up. Enjoy yours it's a keeper.

Back