.300 black out AR with 16” barrel zero

T-Hop

Got a new AR with a 1-6x Monstrum LVPO with offset scope mount. I have been searching for advice on this round but can’t find it. Anyone have experience with this round and using a 50 and/or 100 yard zero? If so what did you notice
of the two? I will be shooting anywhere from 15-200 yards. 200 if they were running away. I will be using for coyote hunting.

I know with a .223 round on the 50 yard zero it was a little high at 100. But this is a larger mass round so I wasn’t sure how it hit with a 50 yard zero.

Thanks for any info

without knowing which round you intend on shooting, we cannot begin to give you a recommended zero point.

the caliber is capable of such a broad weight range of projectiles, and being super/sub as well.

need way more data to give you any idea of where to start.

Download and use Sterelok. It will have that reticle and will help you see what zero distance gives you the best "BDC" usage.

Zeroing at 100 yards will leave the bullet 6"(110 gr max velocity) to 40+(220 gr subsonic) inches low at 200. Target range will be important to know for proper drop compensation.

Back