6.8 SPC Barrel

underwoodbits

Looking at the ARP 12.5" and the Bison 11.5" barrel. Will always be shot with a suppressor. The ARP has mid length gas system and the Bison has carbine length gas system. I was planning on buying the ARP barrel but wanted to see if anybody shoots the Bison barrel.

I noticed the ARP barrel is only listed on Blackstone Arms now. Same people making ARP barrels? I have always heard the ARP barrels are excellent, just wanted to make sure the quality hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Blackstone bought ARP. The barrels are made by Shaw for them same as ARP. Basically just a company change with no product changes.

Greg

I have been running and building uppers for friends with ARP barrels in different calibers for quite a while and I would recommend them especially for the 6.8 SPC.

I prefer the 11 twist over the 10 twist for the 6.8 and all of my ARP barrels have been accurate. I also like the fact that they are Melonite treated and seem easy to clean with the radiused rifling.

I currently have a 16 inch 6.8 SPC Socom profile 5R, a 12.5 inch 6.8 SPC 3R Scout profile and a 18 inch Wylde .223 8 twist with a heavier profile than currently available.
All shoot good and I have never had any issues with any of them.

Last edited:
What is the twist rate on the BISON? It is a BSP with 1/7 twist?

Bison Armory makes good barrels. The advantage of the BSP barrels is for shooting sub-sonic ammo (heavy bullets).

I would ask yourself what you want to do with your set up and go from there.

Either company offers a great product. I just like the option of the 1/7 twist, which is unique in the 6.8 world.

TC

Back