onX Hunt ?

bobeano

Dose anyone have any input on this app
I kinda like the property line part,(prob not exact but close)
I also like the marking of property owner names

I use ONX on my computer and Kirsch mapping(no longer available) on my GPS in the truck and the MC. ONX is great for exploring the areas I plan on hunting and Kirsch on the GPS while hunting. I'm not phone savie being a couple gernerations out of date but I hope to get in a hunt with BrianID and learn how to use ONX on my phone in the truck. I like all the overlays on ONX.

This summer I went with Go Hunt.

They had a 50 state special for $50.00 and gave you $50.00 in gear points, so basically free.

I downloaded the app on my desk top, phone, and a new Samsung Tab A8 for easier viewing in the truck.

I started using Onx this year. It’s pretty good but the GPS sampling rate could be better as in More frequent. If I stand in one place I can see it wandering around. Not a deal killer but Back Country Navigator Pro is much more precise and has a greater selection of maps.

I tried Onx but I like Basemap better. To me the resolution is better. They run specials every now and then for about $25.00 a year with all 50 states and landowner info. They have a wind check feature that is very useful and it is easy to add markers.

I'm in the same boat as AWS. I much prefer my now aging TraxWEST for seeing landownership, so I still use that in the truck GPS. However, it's starting to get outdated so I also use onX Hunt on my phone and PC to confirm and for use in the field when I forget to move the Kirsch chip over to my handheld Garmin. I suppose it's only as accurate as the GPS receiver in the phone, but I have seen the jumping around that Longcruise mentions. I hunt in a lot of areas that don't have good cell reception, so I have to download offline maps for onX, which eats up memory on the phone. And if I step outside those downloaded areas, I'm hosed. So, overall, it's not perfect, but it works well enough that I resubscribed this year.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrI tried Onx but I like Basemap better. To me the resolution is better. They run specials every now and then for about $25.00 a year with all 50 states and landowner info. They have a wind check feature that is very useful and it is easy to add markers.

I might need to look into basemap,i am on a 7day free trial for onX.

Back