Some new coyote footage

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
It had been a very long time since I tried to video any coyote calling. But, recently, I've been messing with it again, and having fun doing it.

Check it out if you are interested and have a few minutes. Comments welcome, good and bad.

- DAA

Outstanding video, Dave! Have watched the first 4 minutes several times. The drone video is awesome, but all was top drawer.

Two questions about the drone part.
It would appear that in the first few minutes, the coyote was aware the drone was following him as he kept glancing behind and up?

Assume you spotted the called coyote, then followed him in with the drone as he came to call?

Thanks for sharing, I'll be watching this one again and looking forward to more to come.
grin.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Great video Dave!

I really like the drone footage. The sunset footage with the outhouse and old building was really cool looking.

I don't think I have ever said I like the music in a coyote calling video. LOL But it was perfect in this video!

Thanks for posting this video and keep up the good work!

I haven't finished watching but that drone footage is awesome. That first one amazed me. Barren ground and it could run anywhere it wanted but it sticks to that trail like glue. Even if you didn't video the coyotes coming in, you could use the aerial view to see possible routs that coyotes may take and show up before you even started calling.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, truly appreciate all the comments!

Something I've seen very consistently with coyotes and the drone. They notice it, they pay attention to it, but they don't change their plans for it. I've flown in front of them and they'll just go right under it to get wherever it is they already decided they were going.

Lance, that Steve fella is Steve Garrett here. Been hunting with him for some years now. We have way too much fun when we get together. Ends in some misadventure, sometimes...

- DAA

Oh, and I should have mentioned, Steve is the best camp cook ever. And I've camped with some good ones! Ain't too shabby myself. But that man can whoop up some camp grub! From a 'chuck hunt a couple years ago...

20210430_Camping-6.jpg

20210430_Camping-7.jpg

20210430_Camping-8.jpg

20210430_Camping-9.jpg

We eat like that pretty much every night in camp. No matter the weather, we find a way to get some good grub put together.

This one is from a coyote hunt awhile back, four years ago maybe? Anyway, our propane cooking unit pooped the bed (again). We found some pieces of iron grate laying out in the sage brush, got some mahogany coals going and had the best steak I've ever had.

untitled-7W.jpg

- DAA

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think the drone footage is great. Doin the camp out thing looks fun. I think I'd of been tempted to see if I could of drone herded that male that went over the ridge back over the other side for a retake.

Now you have done it, Dave. Just as I was preparing for bed you had to show those camp cooking photos. Now I’m hungry.

Great video. Really enjoyable.

Love the video Dave.. Thank you for posting it up.. The food looks amazing.. Food doesn’t get any better than over a fire..

I really enjoyed this. I like how you put it together with the aerial, as well as timelapses! Thanks for the great content!

Thanks again fellas! Really do appreciate the comments. It's part of what makes doing it fun.

- DAA

Back