Coffee...

GC

Let's talk coffee. I use a Keurig machine and usually have a cup in the morning to start the day. Once in a great while I may hang on and sip a second cup on a cold rainy/snowy morning. Since I retired recently that's an option for me. I got bored with my usual Folgers Classic K cup and have been searching for that cup that really stands out from the norm. I like a medium - dark roast and drink it straight black with no add ons. I like the taste of coffee and want my cup to taste like coffee, not some coffee based drink. What coffee gets ya'll going in the morning? I may try it in my journey to find the perfect cup.

Kirkland brand Columbian beans - fresh ground to a medium-fine size.
Did Keurig for a long time with K-cups, same coffee as above.
But prefer it fresh ground using a pour over filter.
Also like Folgers Black silk, for a change up.
I'm good for 3 or 4 cups a day, all before 3PM.

Originally Posted By: GCI just got some of that Folgers Black Silk but haven't tried it yet.

Tried it this morning, not bad at all. This morning is a coffee sipping morning, pouring down rain, falling temperatures, gusty winds. I have a pot of venison chili simmering and on my second cup of coffee. Life is good...
smile.gif

GC, thought you'd like Folgers Black Silk.

I grind about three times the amount I need and put the excess in a sealed glass jar.
That jar gets an ongoing mix of Black Silk and Kirkland Columbian and I like that mix also.
Only need to grind beans every third day, doing it that way.

Congrats GC! Sipping coffee and smelling the chili simmer on a drizzly morning don't sound too bad at all.

We - the Wife, Daughter and I, recently switched from years of running a Keurig back to an old fashioned drip machine. Well, it's a new fangled machine, but it brews by the old drip method. None of us want to go back to the Keurig.

We're pretty plain on our daily coffee though. Mostly Kirkland Columbian. Every once in awhile we'll spring for a bag of something else more expensive, Black Rifle most often. And it's good. But not good enough to justify the price difference day in, day out.

- DAA

I too have kicked the "K" habit... I use a drip machine with Community Breakfast Blend for my addiction to coffee. I drink at least 1 pot at home and continue the pot at work (the trusted and true Stanley Thermos - green). I work with a bunch of "wimmen" and need a boost of some sort - too much drama for a old dried up brain dead coot. Coffee is important!

Now that I have more time in the mornings I may take a look at a different brewing set up. That's a second mention of Kirkland, I'll have to look them up.

Coffee and water is all I drink. I don’t really care what brand it is as long as it is strong, unlike most you buy in a gas station that you can see the bottom of the cup almost like a hot tea. I drink it all day and if I don’t have coffee by noon I start getting a caffeine headache, lol.

My son in law and I stopped at a place where they had a coffee shop. I had a dark roast straight black and the girl said, "What do you want in it?" I said... coffee, nothing else. It messed her all up, she couldn't wrap her head around it. The drink my SiL came away with was anything but coffee. It had coffee in it and about four other things dumped in there and stirred around. That isn't coffee!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Coffee and water is all I drink. I don’t really care what brand it is as long as it is strong, unlike most you buy in a gas station that you can see the bottom of the cup almost like a hot tea. I drink it all day and if I don’t have coffee by noon I start getting a caffeine headache, lol.

Much the same. Except I quit drinking coffee after lunch, else I have trouble falling asleep. But that's all I drink up till after lunch.

And besides coffee and water I also drink whiskey and very occasionally a Mexican Coke or a sweet tea.

But the coffee I make at home, my wife and daughter will pour it out and make another pot rather than drink it, as strong as I make it. One of the things I really like about the drip machine vs the Keurig. Easier to get the proof up to where I like it.

- DAA

I'm a coffee junkie. I drink coffee all day long. Not a large quantity as I am more of a sipper than a gulper but usually a pot a day. Folgers in either Classic, 100% Colombian or Black Silk are my favorites. I don't ever buy off brands just because its cheaper.

Originally Posted By: KenlguyI like to put a pat of butter in mine. Really mellows it out.

Never heard of putting butter in the coffee. The Pres. at the gun club puts a little salt in the coffee when we have board meetings. He thinks it takes the bitter out. I think it tastes like crap when he does it. I like strong coffee and salt doesn't seem to help. At least to me.

Back