a miss and a kill

jmeddy

Weather called for rain on Monday and I don't bowhunt in the rain this early in the season, so I went out for a few sets Sunday night.
This is what might happen when you hunt a new place and don't look at yardages beforehand.
Farmer got hold of me the middle of the previous week saying that he has had 3 calves killed this year and the last one was a few days before the call-this last one was 350# but did have a hoof injury. He heard that I hunted coyotes from someone I used to work with.
Well, my pea brain said 150y but onx said it was 280 AFTER I missed.

Again, the following Sunday I made a few sets because of the Monday weather forecast.
20min into the set this one shows up over my right shoulder. Mouse squeaks was the finisher. Adult female about 120yds..
I was not happy that she ran as I felt I was rock steady and when I watched the video in slow motion, I could see that she started to move when the shot broke which made me fell better.

Live and learn seems to be painful journey some times.

Hopefully they have a short memory.....

No matter how careful, and how well you hit a coyote, some will run unless head shot. It is part of hunting. Nice job and thanks for sharing your hunt.

Originally Posted By: KirschNo matter how careful, and how well you hit a coyote, some will run unless head shot. It is part of hunting.
That’s for sure. They can be tough.

Back