Sierra 62 gr SBT Gamekings and 69 gr TMKs for coyotes?

Has anybody coyote hunted with the 62 gr yet? I ordered some hoping they will shoot out of my 1-12 twist .223. They look about like the 65s.
I also ordered a few hundred 69gr TMK 2nds for my ARs from Midway. Has anybody used them? I've read they are better than the HPBT and seen where people are using them and the 77s for deer, elk and even bear hunting. No way I would use them for that but curious how they are on coyotes.

Last edited:
I did try 62 gr Gamekings ( not sbt whatever that is) in my 22/250 1/12.
Shot lights out just would not kill coyotes.
Don't know why but I had well over 70% run-offs and never recovered coyotes. I went to burger "Hunting" bullets and that dropped to well under 10%. They shot almost as well both at the same speed.

THE 69 TMK is the best thing so far for yotes in the 223 for me. Running em @ 2840 out of a suppressed 18.5", proper hits are DRT, bad hits can run up to 40 yds. All but 1 has exited, no matter what the angle. Before that used 69 CC Nosler, good, but the TMK distinctly better.

Originally Posted By: JerryriggedTHE 69 TMK is the best thing so far for yotes in the 223 for me. Running em @ 2840 out of a suppressed 18.5", proper hits are DRT, bad hits can run up to 40 yds. All but 1 has exited, no matter what the angle. Before that used 69 CC Nosler, good, but the TMK distinctly better.

You should see the mess they make at 3510fps from a 22 creed

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Originally Posted By: JerryriggedTHE 69 TMK is the best thing so far for yotes in the 223 for me. Running em @ 2840 out of a suppressed 18.5", proper hits are DRT, bad hits can run up to 40 yds. All but 1 has exited, no matter what the angle. Before that used 69 CC Nosler, good, but the TMK distinctly better.

You should see the mess they make at 3510fps from a 22 creed

grin.gif

Ive shot them in 22 Creed, one of the most accurate bullets in a 1:7 twist. One group was 0.17moa 3 shot at 400 yards, with enough RL26 to get them going 3725 fps (26" brl)

Holy crap!

I plan to run the69 tmk on a bolt 22 creed build 1:8 twist, thinking 22" then a can.

Ran the 69's from a 22 grendel night gun and everything it hit was down 1 shot no messing around. Tried the 64 tgk and it splattered and blew up on everything at about 3440 fps.

Originally Posted By: andrew7Holy crap!

I plan to run the69 tmk on a bolt 22 creed build 1:8 twist, thinking 22" then a can.

Ran the 69's from a 22 grendel night gun and everything it hit was down 1 shot no messing around. Tried the 64 tgk and it splattered and blew up on everything at about 3440 fps.

39.0gn of Varget should get you 3510-ish

Wondering if some other powders, just slower would do as well. Big game, s.w. match rifle, h4350. I may have to do some searching for others, can get varget pretty easy rite now

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI wonder if we will ever see any of these TMK again?

Powder Valley has Factory Seconds in stock as of this morning.
500/$92.99

Just checked they also have 500/$155.52 in stock

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that.
I picked up an extra box, already had 1500 on the way not 2nds, would have done all 2nds if I had known earlier

Sure thing.
It's nice to see some calibers coming back In Stock.
Now we just need to see the prices come down. I know - don't hold my breath, lol.

Back