Silencer Central new Efile experience?

Purchased mine at a local shop but filed paperwork through silencer central. Seemed to me like a long drawn out process to finally get the paperwork submitted which was today. Now the wait really begins.

Stamp came in on Friday 10-21-2021 using the old method of paper filing. It was filed 2 weeks after the first Version of the E-file, ( two different suppressors) and the check cashed on NOV 17, 2021. 14 months. Aug to Oct

Silencer Central is very prompt in collecting your payment after that happens you turn into a second class citizen . I called them today and told them they have 10 days to have the paperwork submitted to the ATF or I will be requesting a full refund .

SILENCER CENTRAL 1/2X28 BLK (PURCHASED ON 11/30/22)
Serial Number Assigned
A serial number has been assigned to your ordered product.
Application Paperwork
Your application and trust documents have been prepared.
Application Signature Received
Your signature has been received and no issues were found.
Draft Submission Created
We are creating your draft submission.
Certification Appointment Complete
Application Submitted to ATF
ATF Approval
Final Paperwork
Final Signature Received
Order Shipped!

Originally Posted By: killahog
Silencer Central is very prompt in collecting your payment after that happens you turn into a second class citizen . I called them today and told them they have 10 days to have the paperwork submitted to the ATF or I will be requesting a full refund .

Serial Number Assigned
Application Paperwork
Draft Submission Created
ATF Approval
Final Paperwork
Final Signature Received
Order Shipped!
I bought a suppressor from Silencer Central in January 2022. My paperwork was finally submitted to the ATF in May. It took almost 5 months from the day I purchased the suppressor to be filed with the ATF. The paperwork was ready to be submitted in March but they had my City wrong so they had to correct that. It took them 5 more weeks to correct my City.That is unacceptable but I was already 5 months into the process so I was basically stuck. I know how you feel.

Originally Posted By: Erie660Originally Posted By: killahog

Serial Number Assigned
Application Paperwork
Draft Submission Created
ATF Approval
Final Paperwork
Final Signature Received
Order Shipped!
I bought a suppressor from Silencer Central in January 2022. My paperwork was finally submitted to the ATF in May. It took almost 5 months from the day I purchased the suppressor to be filed with the ATF. The paperwork was ready to be submitted in March but they had my City wrong so they had to correct that. It took them 5 more weeks to correct my City.That is unacceptable but I was already 5 months into the process so I was basically stuck. I know how you feel.

I am at the Certification appointment ,I guess this takes ten minutes on the phone with them but they are booked three weeks out .

Originally Posted By: killahogOriginally Posted By: Erie660Originally Posted By: killahog

Serial Number Assigned
Application Paperwork
Draft Submission Created
ATF Approval
Final Paperwork
Final Signature Received
Order Shipped!

I am at the Certification appointment ,I guess this takes ten minutes on the phone with them but they are booked three weeks out .
I was on the phone with them doing the certification and we realized they had my City wrong, it was their mistake. It took them 5 weeks to correct it and call me back. This was after I called probably 4 times questioning what was the hold up.

if you ask for a refund they will take 25% of your total amount, it is in their paperwork you signed, they are very good at getting your money

Just got the email today that my suppressor has been approved. I purchased it from Silencer Central on 1-18-2022. My paperwork was submitted on 5-4 2022. The first attempt to submit the paperwork was on 3-23-2021 but they made a mistake on my city and state. It took from 3-23-2021 to 5-4-2022 to correct the mistake they made and finally get submitted. I signed the 4473 form today, so hopefully in a couple weeks I’ll finally have it.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattBought a banish46 from them april 21st 2022. Still waiting

Hah, just a couple hours after posting that, got a love letter from the atf in my email.

Both my experiences have been pretty good. The first time it did take them a while to get it submitted to the ATF, but I pretty much took the advice of buy it and forget about it till it shows up (14 or 15 months later). This time is was 24 days from purchase to submitted for both that are in jail, but this was the e form and they had all my previous info from the first purchase on file. Right now e form is at about 9 months, so I'll just plan on getting them for Christmas 2023
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: jspencerBoth my experiences have been pretty good. The first time it did take them a while to get it submitted to the ATF, but I pretty much took the advice of buy it and forget about it till it shows up (14 or 15 months later). This time is was 24 days from purchase to submitted for both that are in jail, but this was the e form and they had all my previous info from the first purchase on file. Right now e form is at about 9 months, so I'll just plan on getting them for Christmas 2023
wink.gif

If youre at about 9 months you should be getting it any day now.
Unfortunately im out of state right now. Cant wait to get back and get that suppressor. Going to make shooting my .444 much more pleasant.

Bad thing is now I’ve been waiting since January 10 for my suppressor to ship. Tomm will be 35 more days I’ve waited from my approval date. Total nonsense

Back