Called a lion

Santiam

This was a couple months ago during the heat of summer.. Lion season here is open year round and you can buy a second tag if you want..

I hiked in the two miles to check and retrieve my trail cameras..Fire danger was getting bad and wanted to get in before the timber company closed up..Left early to beat the heat..One camera had a lion go by just thirty minutes before I got there...Well that started the wheels turning..The high for the day was expected to be 100* and there was a small side draw near where the camera was with water...

I figured the cat was probably going to lay up for the day near the water and devised a plan to try and call him that evening.. Seemed like a good set up for a couple cameras as well.

I got set up about a hour before dark and was planning on calling until dark.. Everything happed so fast I wasn't really ready..LOL I muffed the first shot and blew my decoy in half,,
crazy.gif

Can't get the video to embed so you have to click it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkRATP6raA&list=UUKJGmhZYkPVR3TXD9AIYyMg&index=7&t=328s

Last edited:
Finally got to watch your video - that was some fast and furious action. Typical hunting, hours and days of hard work for just a few seconds, but what seconds they are! Probably did that guy a favor too. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on calling that cat in.

That cat did not follow the stereotype of easing in either, pretty amazing!

Thanks for sharing

Three 44s

Last edited:
Back