New season start

Heymartay

Started my season yesterday a.m, sorry no pics can’t figger it out. Went to a ranch I just got permission to hunt on north of Helena. Parked in the pullout where I was supposed too and proceeded a few hundred yds into a nice big hayfield.Put the call ( revolt) 50 yds off to my left with the spinner going (normally don’t use it)and6 minutes later have a coyote walk out looking at the spinner, being my truck was up by the road in sight I took the shot around 130 yds. DRT,off to a good start. Crossed that field and was going to go up a hill to a sage brush area next,all I had to do was cross 30 foot of tall grass, easier said than done, had a bunch of little ditches in there. Fell 3 times going through. So I get up the hill where I want call put everything down and no gun [beeep]!Walked back and forth twice for a half hour before I found it about 50 feet from where I thought it was,aahhhggg. Well that changed that plan so kept walking the hayfields. Looked off to that scrub land to my left and here’s a coyote coming down a small hill so I dropped, got on the sticks grabbed a call to get him closer, no cigar , acted like he didn’t here me though he did a big u turn and started back up. Dropped it around 180 yds. Did prolly 3 mile walk and barely scratched the surface there, got my knee flared up so from here on out I have permission to drive between spots. Stay on the gravel, works for me. Prolly thermal next time out since I have some great spots picked out now. Good hunting.

CONGRATS X 2 for a fine start, less the falls and disappearing fire stick. Work on them pics, we need proof. Actually, don't need the proof, just like the pics.

Son and I hunted a new ranch this morning too,called in 2 and he killed 1 of them with his 22 Creed.Too much grass to get a crack at the other.Congrats on your hunt.

Great!
They are working well right now.
We hunt them all year.
Got this one yesterday, A VERY "Light" Montana coyote, only about 2 to 3 weeks till we start to skin them

IMG-20220925-085438.jpg

IMG-20220925-085454.jpg

Originally Posted By: PirogueGood start. Went out a couple days ago. Only got one to come in and it hung up, just set down a couple hundred yards out.
That “Good start”, leading off the post, was directed to the OP. Not my start.

Up to 7 now, called 2 singles around 70/80 yds. Had a quad that might have been with the single I shot that hung up a few hundred yds out, maybe saw me move, lobbed a couple at them which was stupid. Should’ve played with them and tried to get them closer. Keep learning. So saw 6 today got 2, 5 minutes and 6 minutes,Looking at the spinner.

Back