Night calling guns

Originally Posted By: cmateraH4895- I have some of that and I found some IMR 4198 and RL7. Thank you

23 gr H4895 pushing a Cutting Edge Bullets 60 gr ER Raptor.

It's a very good load/bullet that is fairly quiet suppressed..appx 2950fps....and it has done very well out past 250...

Last edited:
I know its not a popular round but I have had great success with the 17 wsm. I mostly target bobcats and most shots are within 70 yards. I have been success out to 150 yards and wont shoot past that. Shot placement isn't as forgiving if your not hammering the front sholder. Over a great close range night hunting rifle that is probably the most fur friendly round that I have tried.

I have been down this road myself. If your commited to staying supersonic (which you sould be if you like killing them) then barrel length has a HUGE impact on noise. A surpressed 223 with a 24" barrel is very quite. A buddy of mine had a 6.5 creed with a 24" and it was crazy quite as well. Shoot either of these rifle next to their 16-18" counter-parts with the same surpressor and it is night and day. I have ran 300BO-6.8spc-22Nosler and now 243. They have all obeyed by this rule.

Back