Varmint scope needed illumination floating dot with crosshairs that converge , but don't touch it.

MOA type reticles often have a "floating" dot. Athlon,Sightron have illuminated versions. Often this type scope will be a ffp scope. Price 500+. For any non Chinese.

Nightforce FC-MOA? MOAR-CF2? Probably busier than you want, but has crosshairs that converge on a dot that don't touch. I THINK both FFP and SFP.

Start with your budget first. Lot's of options, but for a high quality optic with good glass, it won't be cheap.

I run the H59, it has a floating dot, also the tremor3, Mil-C, they also do not intersect but have a holding point.

I'm assuming you don't want something busy, such as the a couple of the Horus rets listed above. There are MOAR reticles that don't have full crosshairs that intersect, but they do have a smaller cross in the center that allows for a more precise hold.

If you can tolerate a christmas tree style reticle, the EBR7C reticle in the Gen II Vortex Viper PST fits those requirements. Does have a center dot, entire reticle is illuminated though.

Back