Butch's bore cleaning patchs

pyscodog

Anyone use them? I recently bought a bag of them and I'm not to sure if I like them. They're for 22 caliber and they seem like good quality but they are stupid hard to run through the bore. Even when I spike them in a corner its about all you can do to push them through the bore. If I center them on the jag, it won't even start to push through. I got them and need to use them but dang they are rough trying to use. Any suggestions or should I just put them in the junk drawer?

Before you ask, yes, I'm using a 22 cal jag and they are 22 cal patchs. Even wet they are VERY hard/ almost impossible to push through the barrel. They weren't cheap, I'd like to use them up.

I use them in a 22 bore with a 22 cal jag. Yes they are stupid tight but man they sure work good at getting all the crap out.

Don't know if this will help you but one of my 17 HMR's, when it's dirty, is nearly impossible to get the very first full size patch pushed through so I cut that very first patch down in size just a little then soak it up and push it through. Once I get that initial amount of filth out of the barrel with the first patch I'll start using full size 17 cal patches and they push through tight but certainly not stupid tight like they would if I tried to use a full size patch on the very first pass.

Not sure if that'll fix your problem but it's an option you could try.

I have some cotton patch's that I use first. I use them pretty much soaked. Seems like after a few of the cotton patch's that the Butch's are easier, not easy, but easier, to push through. I still have to spike them in a far corner. They do seem to work pretty good....if you don't get one stuck in the bore. They are the sh---ts to get out.

Use a stiff nylon brush wet w/bore cleaner and scrubbed through about 10 strokes first. That should loosen patch up quite a lot. If not, either smaller jag or scissors are your friend.

Regards,
hm

I use some Butch's chemicals, seem to do a good job. For patches I use Sinclairs. In some calibers they can be pretty tight in a dirty bore, sometimes I do use a smaller jag

Originally Posted By: hm1996Use a stiff nylon brush wet w/bore cleaner and scrubbed through about 10 strokes first. That should loosen patch up quite a lot. If not, either smaller jag or scissors are your friend.
Regards,
hm

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I dont use anything else now. The No-Twill patches are awesome. They are stiffer and tend to clean better and wont shred apart like cottom patches. I almost exclusively use them now

Back